Illinois-Chicago
Options

Catholic ceremony (not a full mass) program help

Hi ladies,

I am working on putting together our ceremony program for our wedding that is in 3 weeks (eeek! Laughing  ) . I have been receiving conflicting advice on what to include in the program. The ceremony will be held in a Catholic church, but we will not be doing a full mass. Have any of you been in this situation? What did you include in your program? What did you leave out? Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Catholic ceremony (not a full mass) program help

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are having a Catholic ceremony without communion. Below is our ceremony program. This hasn't been "approved" by our Priest, but we are meeting with him on Sunday to finalize all the details. HTH!

PRELUDE SEATING OF THE PARENTS PROCESSIONAL GREETING AND OPENING PRAYER FIRST READING
    Song of Songs 2:8-10, 14, 16a; 8:6-7a PSALM RESPONSE (refrain sung by all) The Lord is kind and merciful• Psalm 103  SECOND READING
    Revelation 21:1-7 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION (refrain sung by all)
    Alleluia Melchior Vulpius GOSPEL READING
    John 15:9-12

H
    OMILY EXCHANGE OF VOWS AND RINGS LIGHTING OF UNITY CANDLE
    Grow Old With Me • John Lennon PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL
    RESPONSE: Lord, hear our prayer. SHRINE ALTAR OF THE BLESSED MOTHER
    Ave Maria • Franz Schubert NUPTIAL BLESSING INTRODUCTION OF THE COUPLE RECESSIONAL
    The Wedding March Mendelssohn  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry! The post got all scrambled. Let me know if you have any trouble reading it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards