Illinois-Chicago
Options

$500 FLOWER BUDGET?!?!?!?!

Is a $500 flower budget realistic for Chicago?!?!?!? I would need 5 bouquets, 6 boutineers, 2 corsages and maybe even table decor. Is this do-able or do I need to find a second job? lol

Re: $500 FLOWER BUDGET?!?!?!?!

• Options
    I don't know if $500 is a realistic budet for real flowers, but I do know that there is tons you can do without real flowers. Pinterest has hundreds of DIY projects with cloth flowers, paper flowers, or things that are not flowers at all- like a pin wheel. Personally, for my wedding I will be having flowers made from pages of a book, since my ceremony will occur in a llibrary. If you personalize decor to your personality, you can probably find really creative, and more affordable, decor ideas. 
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    We had an incredible and affordable florist.  We used the most seasonable flowers; mostly basic roses.  We bought some of the materials, such as ribbons and feathers, on clearance as we found what we needed, and our florist incorporated them into her arrangements.  I have seen non-floral boutonnieres that keep costs down and still look great.  Here is just a basic example of what can be found by googling "non-floral boutonnieres".....

http://www.karenstottblog.com/together/i-do/top-10-most-unique-non-floral-boutonniere-boutineer-ideas/

A simple basic boutonniere, consisting of a white or hot pink rose, with a black ribbon on the stem was $7.  Your BM's could carry a simple single stem and that can look lovely.  

Table decor does not have to be floral in nature, nor does it have to be elaborate.  Your guests will be focused on the food and conversation.

I have known of brides that have looked into Costco, Sam's Club, and even local grocers for their floral needs, and have done so successfully and reasonably priced.  I know it seems earth shattering at the moment, but as a MOB and MOG, I can tell you that the floral decor was the LAST thing guests commented on throughout the evening!

• Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We used Kimberose...she's great! Definitely worth looking into!
    Vacation
  • Options
    Our flowers were like $800 and we had more bouquets and boutineres (though no table decorations).

Pick simple flowers that are common (we used roses) rather than expensive flowers that have to be flown in from South America. Go for small, simple bouquets that don't take a lot of time (maybe have someone make them for you?)

I definitely wouldn't get a second job over this. But I think flowers are a waste of money.

Anniversary image
  • Options
    You should check out sams club. They have a flower department and they also have packages with everything you are looking for, and its around $317.00. I know I thought it was crazy but they have great reviews.
  • Options
    I heard the chicago flower exchange is reasonable for seasonal flowers. I also heard costco and sams club are reasonable too! I am thinking of going with silk flowers and doing it all myself. check out saveoncrafts.com lots of reasonable stuff for weddings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards