Illinois-Chicago
Options

Florist?

My wedding is Memorial Day weekend 2012. I was wondering how soon I should find a florist. Also, do you guys have any recommendations?

Re: Florist?

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it ASAP since it is a holiday weekend. I'm using Kio Kreations--she's incredibly talented and affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Shamrock Garden Florists and they are affordable. I would call a florist and ask when you need to book because they would know how busy they are around various holidays. Good luck!
  • Options
    WinterWed17WinterWed17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would book your venues first and then start looking at florists. I recommend Avant Gardenia.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definatley book soon! We used Town & Country in Elgin, and worked with Jaime .. she was amazing, and my flowers were exactly what I envisioned
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If floral is important to you I would try to book early.

We used Kio Kreations and Loved Loved Loved her work, my florals were stunning. She is completely booked for 2011, and has bookings into 2012. She will work with your budget. check out her website, she has thousands of pics of her wedding flowers. Having beautiful decor was important to me so I booked her pretty early in the process. Kristen went above and beyond for me as she does for all of her brides. She loves her work and it shows.

She is very hip, young and creative. In fact her company is a creative services company. She does many wedding related products and she probably can turn you on to any of the hundreds of venues she's done weddings with.

Check out her website: www.kiokreations.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I booked 8 months in advance and I think I got lucky because I am getting married on a holiday weekend as well (July 1). I am also using KIO Kreations. She is amazing!!!! I can not wait until my day because I have been envisioning her flowers since the first day that we met with her.

• Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using The Avenue in Oak Lawn.  I really love our contact there because she has thought of things I never would have.

PLUS, they are a florist/wine bar.  Fabulous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards