Illinois-Chicago
Options

Cookie Favor Ideas?

Hello!

A few questions regarding favors...

The number 8 is a bit of a theme for our wedding so I was thinking of doing 8 shaped cookies for favors.  I'd like to do this as cheap as possible since everything is so darn expensive!

Does anyone know a bakery that will do this for a reasonable price?

If not 8 shaped, anyone think that just buying a large amount of cookies from Costco and bagging them myself would be a more economical way to go?

TIA!

Re: Cookie Favor Ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know any cookie places, but saw on 190 North that Bittersweet makes them and they are $2-$4 each, which seems high. What if you got an 8 cookie cutter and made them a few days before? I don't really know if you would want to, but could be a good economical way to go? Do you have any Aunts/Grandmas that might want to help? haha:)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you are looking for a cheap alternative to "8" shaped cookie, how about an 8 ball. You could buy some round sugar cookies from Costco as you suggested and paint them with frosting to look like "8 balls". 

Otherwise, where are you looking for a bakery at? I'm not sure about pricing, but maybe try "Hearts and Flour" which is run by Misericordia. You get great cookies and your purchase supports Misericordia/people with disabilities

• Options
    gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had cookie favors at our wedding.  Each of our tables was named after a Blackhawk's player.  The favors were cookies shaped like a hockey jersey of the player whose table the guest sat at. 

I ordered them from Lovin' Oven Cakery in Round Lake.  They were the most reasonably priced and were absolutely delicious.  I got a lot of compliments on them!
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

They also bagged them and tied the ribbon on.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can second that Lovin' Oven cookes are fantastic!

If you really want to save money, you could DIY with a cookie cutter such as this: http://www.coppergifts.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=906&welcome=315
    Sugar cookie dough can be made in advance and frozen.
    **edit** Didn't realize someone already suggested DIY
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did cookie favors too. My aunt is a pastry chef and owns her own chocolate company, so she made them for me. Her contact info is in my wedding bio.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards