Illinois-Chicago
Options

It's Wednesday VENT Day!

It's Wednesday - almost the end of the week.

What's been "grinding your gears" so far this week???

imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This Etsy vendor is grinding my gears this week. I wish I would have ordered with another vendor. She's taking forever to get my order together and even respond to my emails...not to mention that she completely ignores some of my questions.

I just cant' wait to get my final product.

Also, I'm kind of freaking out that our wedding is less than 6 months away! I keep thinking that I have time but I really don't. I need to get my stuff together and start doing!
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why when people I work with write an email, do they sound like they never passed the 3rd grade? I mean, seriously. There their, our are, your you're. Capitalize the letter I. It would be great if people acted like they cared about their work. It just makes them look so ignorant in my opinion. Don't write an email that is 500 words long with no punctuation! Argh! It is embarrassing when they sent them to clients.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to bed with my phone fully charged. The battery randomly died in the night (iphone), so none of my alarms went off and I overslept an hour and a half...
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    edited December 2011
    Work! I wish I could take the next 2 months off to just focus on the wedding and not deal with any work related drama/stress!!!

And not having enough time to do anything! I've been working out for 2 hours every day because my first dress fitting is tonight - which means I have no time to work on any DIY projects! Luckily FI loves to cook, otherwise I wouldn't be eating this week :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_its-wednesday-vent-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7aba4c7b-170a-47c5-9bee-56e780e9bd57Post:4bc2074e-b754-4458-b038-1e6e152df117">Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why when people I work with write an email, do they sound like they never passed the 3rd grade? I mean, seriously. There their, our are, your you're. Capitalize the letter I. It would be great if people acted like they cared about their work. It just makes them look so ignorant in my opinion. Don't write an email that is 500 words long with no punctuation! Argh! It is embarrassing when they sent them to clients.
    Posted by sgylling[/QUOTE]
    This is exactly what is grinding my gears today! The whole your, you're, too, to thing is the WORST! We have a guy on our help desk who believes it's proper to type out "citrixs", "message boxs"...ugh...there's no "s" after the letter X.

I'm also stressing that the weding is closing in on FOUR months and I'm really hoping that I'm not missing something really BIG.

FI still needs to ask two more GM; we have to go for tuxes...

I'm at the end of my first week of P90x so I'm sore, tired and missing drinking something other than water, skim milk and peppermint tea. The end result will be great, but I just wish I could pig out his weekend for the super bowl. No. Can. Do.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it is our industry Kate, haha. I work in IT but on the consulting/sales side, ugh. Citrix! haha:)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_its-wednesday-vent-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7aba4c7b-170a-47c5-9bee-56e780e9bd57Post:5da57698-9c9d-43d8-a094-38417e25ed99">Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe it is our industry Kate, haha. I work in IT but on the consulting/sales side, ugh. Citrix! haha:)
    Posted by sgylling[/QUOTE]
    You could be right; but I expect better from the IT folks here; the customer's (attorneys) get emailed the details of their "trouble tickets" and when they see these sort of typos I know it must irk their nerve.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of ignorant work folks, I have a coworker neighbor that refuses to take her phone off speaker when she's on conference calls. OUR walls are super thin, like paper, so it sounds like I have 50 million people all talking about something that's of no concern to me...not to mention they all just really like the sound of THEIR own voice.

I really hate it when work people get too big for THEIR britches too. I'm sorry but YOU'RE not any more important than I am, sorry to burst YOUR bubble.  Egos!

I did good with the grammar. See, I ain't ignant =)
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked out crazy all week, completely cut my calories, am totally starving and only lost 1.1 lb this week!

Also starting to stress a little about the wedding, like  you Kate...keep thinking that I am missing something HUGE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just starting the planning process so maybe most of you are past this but I'm SOO fed up with how expensive everything is!  With my fiance and I graduating college in May, paying for everything, trying to find jobs/get into grad school and financing too, I wish pepole would realize we don't have $10,000 to spend on the reception alone.  We are hoping we'll have $10,000 for the whole wedding!  Ugh, stressing over trying to find a place to get married and have the reception at a price we can think to afford (at or under $5000 for 75-100 people on a Monday in January) is grinding my gears because it shouldn't be this difficult!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_its-wednesday-vent-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7aba4c7b-170a-47c5-9bee-56e780e9bd57Post:e44bf7b2-8ca3-4e1d-86fa-a1a5d167a235">Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I did good with the grammar. See, I ain't ignant =)
    Posted by Sparkette19[/QUOTE]
    hahahahaha....Amanda, this made me laugh really loud.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My neighbors that decided to have a dance party in the alley at 1:30 this morning grind my friggin' gears.
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_its-wednesday-vent-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7aba4c7b-170a-47c5-9bee-56e780e9bd57Post:449236b1-4e93-499c-bf01-f4d030684773">Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My neighbors that decided to have a dance party in the alley at 1:30 this morning grind my friggin' gears.
    Posted by Noron[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry....who has a dance party in the middle of the night in FREEZING cold Chicago?
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    ErinC85ErinC85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way... AM I FORGETTING SOMETHING HUGE? A little over four months away from my wedding and grad school graduation weekend! Yes, both in the same weekend-I'm spazzin!

My diet is grinding my gears. thats all I want to say. I'm hungry. humph
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lhagner, the sticker shock never goes away. Luckily most of the more expensive things get booked first so it kind of gets better. I'm working on invitations, centerpieces and flowers now, so even though each item isn't so expensive it adds up really fast with 4 bridesmaids, 100 guests, and 10 tables. So glad we decided to have a small-ish wedding!
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kmrazekkmrazek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been stressing over how to afford everything when future husband was pushed back down to part-time hours, we have already blown the wedding budget (thanks to having to find a new place after the first place went bankrupt and hasn't refunded our deposit!), and we're trying to look for a bigger apartment to move into in May!

Anyone know any good full-time mechanic or other general labor jobs that are hiring right now on the north side of Chicago or the northern suburbs??

Is it Friday yet??? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The post office. I'm developing anger management problems because of it. Just moved in with FI in December and first, they lost my change of address form (which I didn't realize for awhile, and then all of my bills were overdue by the time that got sorted out). Then they failed to leave two package slips in my box and somehow an important letter was never delivered and sent back (delaying the processing of my license, which I'm waiting on to come through so I can start working). Then, they finally leave a package slip so today I got to the post office, get to the front of the line, and wait for 30 MINUTES while this lady disappears into the back. There are 10, very angry people in line behind me and then she comes out and tells me she CAN'T FIND MY PACKAGE and that I have to call in tomorrow morning. I really wanted to strangle her, but there were too many witnesses. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    102 days, people...102 days!  I went to the printer today, which I have been contacting rgularly, with little response, spoke to his assistant, asked HIM to have him contact me, and am still waiting!  102 days people!!! I NEED INVITATIONS!
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_its-wednesday-vent-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7aba4c7b-170a-47c5-9bee-56e780e9bd57Post:f00c036b-c4f9-4d07-93c4-fc4bd63687b9">Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day! : I'm sorry....who has a dance party in the middle of the night in FREEZING cold Chicago?
    Posted by kthame[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, those were my thoughts as well.  Well, my first thought was "it must be the weekend!".  Discovering that it wasn't was probably the worst part!
    Our neighborhood always keeps us on our toes!
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    05.05.1005.05.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_its-wednesday-vent-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:7aba4c7b-170a-47c5-9bee-56e780e9bd57Post:8634d616-d9aa-43f5-902b-28b10e5b7fd6">Re: It's Wednesday VENT Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]102 days, people...102 days!  I went to the printer today, which I have been contacting rgularly, with little response, spoke to his assistant, asked HIM to have him contact me, and am still waiting!  102 days people!!! I NEED INVITATIONS!
    Posted by Bubbala[/QUOTE]

I'm 93 days out today and still have not received my invites! We did send out save the dates, so people know, I figure if I get with at least 10 weeks to go, I'm good.   
  • Options
    Out of YogurtOut of Yogurt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that "vent" is quite the right word, but my fiance (FI? I'm new...) and I decided this week to postpone our wedding due to a medical condition.  As you might imagine, we're less than thrilled...but it seems like the right thing to do.  The hard part is that now we are back to having no date (also had a bit of a fiasco a few weeks ago with the church, but that got resolved).  I guess you could say that what's "grinding my gears" is really my inability to NOT stress so much and just take things as they come!  I really, truly, honestly want to be able to relax...but I just can't seem to do it since the theme of our wedding seems to be "If It Can Go Wrong, It Will!"  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards