Illinois-Chicago
Options

Where to start!?!?! Any/All ideas welcome & appreciated :)

Newly engaged as of 1 wk ago :)

My 2nd marriage, his 1st (we are are both in our 40s). My desire is an outdoor wedding in the Chicagoland area with the both the ceremony & reception at the same spot or at least nearby w/an indoor option for back up for any weather surprises. I live in a northwest suburb he lives in Arizona but we both grew up & have family on the south side of the city. I am open to just about anything as I don't really know where to start but within 30 miles of the city is ideal. My vision is something with a garden like setting or even a lake. I'd like to stay within a $10,000 budget. The preliminary guest list is about 125-150. We are considering next summer but that is not definite at this point. 

Thank you in advance for your thoughts 

Re: Where to start!?!?! Any/All ideas welcome & appreciated :)

• Options
    HMandKWHMandKW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bartlett Hills golf course.  The ceremony is outside on the veranda and the reception inside (big windows to the view outside).  There's a pond right there too.  They are VERY reasonable and include most things, like the cake and basic decorations.  You can check out their website.  great people to work with.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!

We looked at Broken Arrow Golf Club and it would definitely fall in your $10K budget, and its a nice place.  http://www.golfbrokenarrow.com/ and you'll be looking to speak with Pete.  He's great and really seems to know his stuff. 
  • Options
    angiereicangiereic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at the South Shore Cultural Center or one of the Chicago Parks especially Promintory Point...both locations have beautiful outdoor locations with an indoor option for bad weather
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boat House in Glen Ellyn
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go into the south burbs, check out bird haven greenhouse in joliet. that's where our wedding was. sounds like exactly what you're looking for! good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All sound like excellent options. I bookmarked each one of them so we can both review together. 

I truly didn't know where to even begin now I feel like I can begin the exploration. :)

Thank you for your suggestions- I am open to more too! 

Best Of Luck to you all!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think some of the lower cost options in the city are the Merchandise Mart Hotel and Pazzos in the Loop. The other option is going out to the golf courses like White Pines Golf Club and River Forest Country Club.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm late getting in here...
    Is your total budget 10K or just your reception budget?
    Good way to control costs is to keep your bridal party small, favors are absolutely not necessary nor are programs, photo booths, 3 day party, expensive gifts for everyone.  Don't fall into the wedding hype of having all the extras
    They just add costs, you can DYI many things to save. 
    We aren't using formal transportation as our bridal party is small and family only and there are many luxury cars to choose from in our family.

Another good way to control your costs is to find a location where you can bring in your own catering and liquor. There are many good caterers that don't cost an arm and a leg. My catering package includes all linens , glasseware, tableware, table numbers and stands, they will set out your favors and place cards.
    You can also get any rentals you need.

They have GREAT pricing on their buffets and plated dinners. www.mariosevents.com (check em out) We are having a 5 course dinner with full open bar for 4 hours for about $42 a person. Includes cake and ice cream and some sweets for a sweet table. We did have to pay for a one day liquor license and an insurance policy naming the venue ALONE for liability.
    Check into those costs. My overall price above does not include those 2 charges.
    of 250. If you go this route, make sure you work with a reputable caterer that can get the insurances your venue requires.

We are getting married at Mayslake Peabody Estate, (Oak Brook) both ceremony and reception in September.  It is a lovely place with a chapel where we will marry , and an Estate Home in the Grand Event Hall where the reception will be held. www.mayslakepeabody.com They have hundreds of acres of land with a lake too. Beautiful grounds and gardens as well.

Good luck to you.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I forgot to mention, go to the second weddings board, great group over there!
    We're all on our second, or third.....
    Join us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_start-anyall-ideas-welcome-appreciated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:aaf66101-2cef-4485-b8f6-bfc45522b2efPost:c211d483-241b-4f23-aa28-f3721a70b48f">Re: Where to start!?!?! Any/All ideas welcome & appreciated :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I'm late getting in here... Is your total budget 10K or just your reception budget? Good way to control costs is to keep your bridal party small, favors are absolutely not necessary nor are programs, photo booths, 3 day party, expensive gifts for everyone.  Don't fall into the wedding hype of having all the extras They just add costs, you can DYI many things to save.  We aren't using formal transportation as our bridal party is small and family only and there are many luxury cars to choose from in our family. Another good way to control your costs is to find a location where you can bring in your own catering and liquor. There are many good caterers that don't cost an arm and a leg. My catering package includes all linens , glasseware, tableware, table numbers and stands, they will set out your favors and place cards. You can also get any rentals you need. They have GREAT pricing on their buffets and plated dinners. <a href="http://www.mariosevents.com" rel="nofollow">www.mariosevents.com</a> (check em out) We are having a 5 course dinner with full open bar for 4 hours for about $42 a person. Includes cake and ice cream and some sweets for a sweet table. We did have to pay for a one day liquor license and an insurance policy naming the venue ALONE for liability. Check into those costs. My overall price above does not include those 2 charges. of 250. If you go this route, make sure you work with a reputable caterer that can get the insurances your venue requires. We are getting married at Mayslake Peabody Estate, (Oak Brook) both ceremony and reception in September.  It is a lovely place with a chapel where we will marry , and an Estate Home in the Grand Event Hall where the reception will be held. <a href="http://www.mayslakepeabody.com" rel="nofollow">www.mayslakepeabody.com</a> They have hundreds of acres of land with a lake too. Beautiful grounds and gardens as well. Good luck to you.
    Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ideally 10k is for the entire wedding. Is that unrealistic for about 125-150 people? </div><div>I LOVED the look of Mayslake!  </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you for sharing</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards