Illinois-Chicago
Options

how do tasting work?

hi girls. im getting proposals from a few (ok 6) different caterers. i want to know when you do the tasting. one of the companies we talked to said they usually dont do the tasting until the month before the wedding. is that nornal?
  am i crazy for wanting to taste the food before i sign a contract?

im even up for paying for the tasting if i have to. i just want to be super excited about what we are eating. i wanted to know what was the "norm"

any input is appreciated....thanks in advance Laughing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: how do tasting work?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_how-do-tasting-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:e62d7578-dbdd-4f62-8877-808a027b2e4dPost:0e6dae82-a367-46ce-93de-3a4ad9c0d530">Re: how do tasting work?</a>:
    [QUOTE] thanks ladies. im just gonna ask if we can do a tasting before we sign a contract. it will definitely help me decide.    we are in talks with (i sound like a  CEO, lol) Mario's Catering Maison Cuisine D'Masti's Catering La Cuisine Catering CHOW Cafe Amano if any of you have experience or input on my list of caterers PLEASE let me know, thanks :)
    Posted by ncwenze[/QUOTE]

<div>Do any of these caterers have restaurants?  If so, then you could taste by eating in the restaurant.  It might not be exactly the same as the catering portion of the business, but I would think it would be close.  I know there is a Cafe Amano in Elmhurst - not sure if its the same one - but I've eaten in that restaurant many times and always liked the food.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_how-do-tasting-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:e62d7578-dbdd-4f62-8877-808a027b2e4dPost:4ef7d647-1b7a-4880-b301-6c17bedc993e">Re: how do tasting work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: how do tasting work? : Do any of these caterers have restaurants?  If so, then you could taste by eating in the restaurant.  It might not be exactly the same as the catering portion of the business, but I would think it would be close.  I know there is a Cafe Amano in Elmhurst - not sure if its the same one - but I've eaten in that restaurant many times and always liked the food.
    Posted by amberr110[/QUOTE]

thanks for the idea. we have eaten at the places that have restaurants (but thats only two of them)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards