Illinois-Chicago

Late hours venue near Chicago?

I just started looking for a wedding venue. It seems as though most places want you out of there at midnight or earlier. Can anyone suggest a venue that will let you go until 2am or later? It can either be in Chicago or within driving distance. Or am I crazy for thinking such a thing exists?

Re: Late hours venue near Chicago?

• edited December 2011
    I think many will allow you to stay later....but you'll be charged for it.  Are you open to restaurants?  One restaurant said they'd let us stay til 4am.
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My sister had a wedding at Jolly Inn NW side Chicago, we partied until 2:00 AM. The main ballroom has a specious dance floor which was awesome, highly recommend.
    Agnes Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had our wedding at Prairie Production and they allowed us to go past midnight.  I found that venues privately owned will allow something like that.  Our wedding ended at 1am but my husband and I hung out by ourselves while the vendors came back to break everything down at 1:30 am.  It was a lasting memory to see the transformation and then back again to a white blank space.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think most people are ready for the reception to end around midnight, especially if you're in the wedding. Plus, it's expensive on the alcohol to host people for so long.

What time is your ceremony and ideally when will your reception start?
  • edited December 2011
    We're definitely open to restaurants! We haven't decided on the time of the ceremony- maybe 4:30pm, with a 6pm reception?
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, at about 11:30, people have either hit their wall or are dancing fools!
    We are going to find a hotel that either has a bar that they'll keep open for us, or is near a bar that stays open late.  That way, those that want to go out can and then it's up to them to also pay for their beer/liquor.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    6pm reception, most people will be done by midnight. I wouldn't focus too much on finding the perfect venue until 2 am. Find something you love, and if you want to invite a few people to a local bar after, maybe do that. Like PP said, it could get pricey hosting an open bar until 2am.

For the record, our wedding was at Bolingbrook Golf Club and we had the venue until 1am. That is their normal price, we did not have to pay extra to keep it open past midnight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rachelc1985rachelc1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fultons on the River downtown typically has a package that goes until midnight, but you can extend for an extra hour and the venue itself is open until 2am.  At that point you're also downtown and close to other bars/nightlife and the city is open until 4am.  Their wedding coordinator is also super nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Spiaggia has a liquor license until 2am http://www.spiaggiarestaurant.com/privateevents.html
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards