Hawaii
Options

Rehearsal Lunch/Dinner Question

Our wedding at Lani is on a Sunday, which means we'll have to hold our rehearsal the day before somewhere else. I was thinking of a morning rehearsal at a park somewhere in Waikiki, since that's where most of our friends/family will be staying.  Any suggestions as far as which park to use? I was thinking Kapiolani or Ala Moana. And with those two parks in mind, where can we go  for our rehearsal brunch?  Maybe Tiki's lunch buffet? Duke's? I'd really prefer something a lot cheaper...BTW, did you guys have people bring their significant other/spouses to any of your rehearsals?  I don't mind having them there...it's just that we have 12 people in our wedding party and we simply can't afford to pay for every single one of their SOs too, know what i mean?! Is that rude of me to say?Hmmm...

Re: Rehearsal Lunch/Dinner Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were also thinking Tiki's for our rehearsal lunch/dinner! Personally, I will be inviting all significant others to the rehearsal dinner, but most of my guests are traveling from the mid-west. I just think it's a nice gesture and it will make them feel more comfortable when their wives/husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends/ect. are busy doing wedding things. It gives them a chance to meet each other so they can hang out or sit by each other later on. But that's just my opinion. I also have a smaller wedding party, so I can see why you'd be concerned with that many people!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So technically I don't think you're required to do this, but I've read in a few different places that it's typical to invite out-of-town guests to the rehearsal dinner in thanks for traveling so far.  And when a DW is involved, this generally becomes a welcome dinner for everyone who's already arrived.  That's what we're doing anyways.But I feel you on keeping it affordable.  We'll be on Maui and we're trying to see if we can do a BBQ at a park or something really casual to keep costs down (and also in the spirit of our fun beach wedding).Carrie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're thinking about Tiki's or Dukes for your rehearsal luncheon, you'd be better off having your morning rehearsal at kapiolani park.. its super close to waikiki, and everyone could park at the park and then just walk over to Tiki's or Dukes after the rehearsal is done, instead of having to get back in cars..plus, ive always liked Kapiolani a bit better, to me its a prettier park :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into having our rehearsal/welcome breakfast at the Hula Grill.  They offered a set menu that gives your guests a few different breakfast entree options.   I have been to the Hula Grill in the past, and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.  It is right next to Duke's, and is oceanfront!We really wanted to go with them, but most of our wedding party was arriving later that evening, so we had to have a dinner instead of a breakfast.  We ended up at Tiki's with their dinner buffet, and personally, I didn't care for the food.If you would like to see the menus they sent to me, send me an e-mail at littleteaa@aol.com.  HTH!
    Lanikuhonua, Phase II, Oahu Hawaii | April 24, 2009 http://iluvhawaii.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love the hula grill! good option! I think Ala Moana is the prettier park to use -especially on the Magic Island end of things. Kapi'olani can be too big... then again there is Kaimana Beach/Sans Souci right by the aquarium that is always a favorite!
  • Options
    lilbellelilbelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!I recently had my welcome/ rehearsal lunch at Cheeseburger Beachwalk. I had about 28 guests and they have a special banquet/ buffet menu. You have to request it in advanced, otherwise, they told me they reserved space for 28 ppl and they order off the regular menu. I had to call back to clarify. Here is the buffet menu:http://www.islandstylecatering.com/Welcome_files/Buffet%20Menus.pdfIt was very affordable (~$15 per person), and the food was excellent. It was a LOT of food. My DH and I paid for everyone, but it costed more than we thought because ppl were ordering guava juice and beer, which is not included in the package, only sodas, iced tea and water are included. You may want to clarify with your host that those beverages are not included. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your reply!!I looked through Yelp and considered all of your thoughts.  Out of courtesy, we will be inviting all their SOs as well. We'll be doing our scouting trip in 2 weeks!! So we'll be visiting these restaurants soon...Our two options are:Rehearsal at Ala Moana and eat at Royal Garden Chinese for dim sumORRehearsal at Kapiolani Park and walk over to Duke'sSo...we'll see how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards