Hawaii

location suggestions for maui?

I'm having a very small ceremony, 7 people total...including guests in Maui. I would like something low key, relaxed, and of course beautiful. Any suggestions?

Re: location suggestions for maui?

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  There are so many places you can have your wedding -- do you have a feel in mind?  Beach.  Restaurant.  Lawn.  etc?  Some of the more common venues are:

Makena beach
    Mama's fish house
    Five Palms
    Hotel / resort lawns / lookouts
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! We would like either a beach or lookout. We are also going to be working with a coordinator/planner...I haven't decided on one yet. We're doing this fairly quick and low key...91 days away. Does a beach or lookout need a "reservation?" I'm not sure of the wording?
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Kapalua Bay beach in the north part of the island.  You do need to get a beach permit (our officiant Pia Aluli is getting ours) but that doesn't guarantee a spot on the beach, so you can either send someone in advance or risk it. We're getting married at 8:30am, so we're just going to assume that there won't be many people there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Really good to know!!!!  Thank you so much! We too thought the morning would be the best time...cooler...and less people. I just hope there aren't any "jump ins!" Thank you!
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Mama's Fish House.  They have their own area at the beach so we don't need a permit and we don't have to worry about ppl highjacking the spot we want.  Plus, if we do your reception there as well, they don't charge  a fee to do the wedding. They are doing our wedding cake, too. It's a great deal!
  • breanessbreaness member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love Kimmy's idea! I honestly wish we had thought of that before.

We're getting married on Makena Beach in a 'secret beach' area called Paipu beach. It's public but not crowded. We're paying $25 for a beach permit but that's the only cost associated with the location. It's only us, our parents (his two sets since his mom & dad are divorced), maybe his brother, our photographer and her husband. Since it's such a small group it didn't make sense to pay for a private venue.

We're then going to go to dinner at Sarentos on the beach post-wedding.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Brea- I almost didn't think of it either.  I was getting so frustrated with how much everything was costing when we had such a small party and I didn't want to have to worry about getting the beach license.  I was about to give up and say let's just go to Vegas when Mama's and wondering if they did wedding popped into my mind. I was supper excited when I found out they did and how affordable it was.  Sure, it's not cheap to eat there, but when you have a small party and don't have to pay for the other things you can afford to pay more for the food.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!!!!! They are more than helpful. Now to narrow down the best of everything!!!! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    If you are working with a coordinator, they will get the permit for you and advise you for a location.  The permit part is usually part of their packages.  We got married at Change's beach or Polenalena (something like this) beach.  Honestly, I don't remember the public at all. I was so focused on the groom so I wouldn't be too worried about the beach being crowded.  Plus the coordinator will know what a good, less crowded beach will be at the time of day of the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CasSwanCasSwan member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Makena Cove looks really nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Gannon's!!! Affordable, restaurant on site, golfcourse grounds, and overlooking the ocean
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards