July 2012 Weddings
Options

Is anyone...

Playing to lotto? The mega million is at 640 million. I brought 10 tickets. Fingers crossed!

Re: Is anyone...

• Options
    Fiance bought $50 worth. I don't know how much they cost apiece because I've never bought a lotto ticket.

THREAD HIJACK!
    If you won the lotto, what would you do? I would travel the world with fiance. Like, the entire world. (Although 75% would go into savings).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No.... I'm tempted though. I never have good luck though so I'll probably be wasting my money.

If I won THAT one, I'd pay off our house, our cars, everything else. Then I'd invest (or save most of them) and maybe start working part time (I can't imagine not working) and travel. Start making babies!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't yet but I'm thinking about buying some when I get off work.  

If I won.... I would pay off all of our bills, and my families bills, buy a house and my FI and I a new car.  Take some time off to travel and put the rest in savings.  I think I would also start working part time I would be bored to death staying home all day every day.  We are already planning on trying to have children right away so that would help immensely.

Good luck to any of you that are playing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HELL YES!! I got 10 tickets! here is hoping!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would buy a house. Maybe a couple of cars and probably save the rest. I don't think I would stop working though. I was on bedrest for 4 mths and I wanted to kill myself! Lol O yea and go on a ton of vacations!
  • Options
    My FI and I just emailed my dad to ask him to buy us each a ticket (we can't buy them from abroad). 

That is so much money, there is really no reason to put any in savings. 

If we won, we'd pay off FI's loans and buy a house and I would DEFINITELY quit my job immediately.I'm sure my FI would want to stay in grad school, so we'd stay in London but I'm sure I'd fly back to the U.S. a lot more than I get to do currently. I'd probably also help all of my family pay off their mortgages.

Oh yeah, and we would get the super expensive videographer for our wedding that I really want!! haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would pay off my student loans, buy a house, pay off my FI's debt and give a million each to my nieces and nephews for their college education and they could not touch it unless it was for college tuition.

Oh and I would invest the rest of it. and quit my job. lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My co-worker said the lines to get tickets around here are NUTS.

FI picked up a couple for us earlier this week... the lottery is a total scam but it's still fun to dream about it. 

Absolute first thing I would do would personally tell each one of my supervisors to go f*ck themselves.  After that... I would travel around the world and hand out $100 bills to random people just to see their reactions.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My FI buys a lotto ticket every week, and he's never even won his money back :(. I feel so bad for him. He bought one ticket, like always, at the grocery store last night.

On the way to the car we talked about what we would do if he won. Just off the top of our heads, he would buy a Victorian in Alameda (the city we live in) and a mountain house in Gunnison, Colorado. I said I'd buy San Francisco Giants season tickets, and go have dinner at french laundry. But realistically, I think we'd pay off all our debt (obvi), but a house here, pay off his brother's medical bills, help our immediate families with debt and mortgages, invest, and buy SF Giants season tickets. I don't even just want 2 season tickets. I want like an entire row so all our friends can come with us. 

Oh and I second what bmoore said, I'd spend like 10k on a videographer.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    FI bought about $20 worth of tickets yesterday. He always does random numbers but I gave him a set to play with our birthdays, important dates, etc. 

If we won, I would pay off all of my student loans and car loan, travel to all our spots on our wish list, buy a house and maybe a vacation home somewhere in the Caribbean, and of course give parents/family money :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_is-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:f4981072-a92f-472f-868a-d1cb1d93728bPost:00fa26e8-1043-43a6-ac32-87c6025662f6">Re: Is anyone...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so much money, there is really no reason to put any in savings.  Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

If you put it in savings, you can live off the interest alone :) Meanwhile, your money will just be sitting there pretty while you do whatever you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Yes! FI has bought some...maybe 10? Not sure, he is picking up more tonight.

I'm also in a pool at work...we have 120 some tickets between us all!

Oh, and I would of course pay off all debt for me and family members, buy two nice houses...one here and one in Indiana, and probably buy a couple of houses for family members lol I'd also plan an amazing honeymoon!! Of course save some, and donate some to charity. However, I don't really know how much I'd save...I figured out that if we took the payout over 26 years, that equals over $49,000 per day for 26 years. I don't think I'd have to try that hard to save...it would just kind of add up and I really don't know that I could spend it fast enough! I'm sure I could make it last through the next 70+ (hopefully) years!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Pay off debts, have the wedding of my dreams, buy not just a house for us, but a house for his parents, pay off my parent's mortgage, pay off my sister's debts, buy a few more houses and be a landlord, buy a car or two...

And give, give, give away. Anonymously. I'd totally be like everyone's fairy godmother.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    I think we might buy 1 or 2 tickets. I am not a lotto person or a gambler...feels to much like flushing money right down the toilet for me!  If we did win we would buy a house, pay off my student loans & my little brothers student loans, get new cars, do some shopping and save most of it.  :)
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yes!! we bought a whole bunch of tickets!! i would buy a house, cars, pay off our debt as well as family members, and buy another house in keywest
  • Options
    I brought 5 and if i win i pay off my parents house by myself a house pay off bills and save the rest
  • Options
    I don't play, not that I could right now even if I wanted to though hahaha. Anyway my mom likes to sometimes when she's feeling hopeful. She might have bought a few, not sure.

I'd pay off my student loans, have the wedding of my effing dreams and fly my whole family over here, buy my mom a house, buy us a house, seriously jumpstart our marketing business.. and who else knows. Sigh.. the possibilities!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards