Alabama
Options

Get to Know You!

Hey everyone!  I thought I'd start a post here to get to know everyone a little better.  Just copy and paste the survey below and answer the questions.  Of course, you can skip anything you don't feel comfortable answering!

Yours and FI's names:

Yours and FI's ages:

Yours and FI's occupations:

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in?

When is your wedding date?

What are your wedding colors/theme?

How long have you and FI been together?

Tell us your proposal story.

What is your favorite thing about Alabama?

Alabama or Auburn?
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Get to Know You!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Amanda and Matt

Yours and FI's ages:
    Right now we're both 22, but we'll both be 23 before the wedding.

I am a Business Analyst for the IT department of a hospital.  FI is currently a full-time college student with a part-time job delivering pizza until graduation.  He will probably have about one semester left after the wedding.

We are both from, in, and getting married in Mobile.

November 19, 2011

The colors are black and white with red accents.  There will be a lot of damask patterns.  Our theme I guess will be having as much ridiculous and crazy fun as possible in an elegant black and white atmosphere, lol.

March 30 will be 3 years.  :D

http://amandaandmatt.hostwebs.com/proposal.html

I don't know if I could pick just one!  The warm weather, the beaches, the friendly people, Mardi Gras, the FOOTBALL!  It's all just so great!  I can't imagine living anywhere else.  :D

Alabama or Auburn?
    Roll Tide!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Kim and Tim
    Yours and FI's ages:
    21 & 24
    student and manger/student
    northern, cullman
    June 2, 2012
    blue and purple
    2 years

Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Nick & Heather

Yours and FI's ages:
    23 and 22. We're seven months apart.

Right now we're both students working at a pizza place. I'm a biology major and he's a civil engineer, but he's goin to take over management of the restaurant after graduation.

We're in Huntsville.

July 16, 2011

Our wedding will be in the garden of a Southern mansion-style house with the reception being indoor/outdoor.

Six years in April.

We had a day off school in the spring and it was a beautiful day, so we went for a nice breakfast and then to Green Mountain, where he asked me to marry him on the covered bridge over the lake. He told me that when we had first visited Green Mountain years ago, that he always knew he'd propose there.

The mild winters, the fact that the whole town shuts down over snow flurries, the friendly people, the low cost of living (lol.) I like the Huntsville area pretty well now, even though I wasn't thrilled about moving here when I was a kid!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Kristie and Nicholas

Yours and FI's ages:
    almost 22 and 26

i am a preschool teacher and a consultant at a bridal salon

birmingham/birmingham!

october 1, 2011

blue, green, ivory

3+ years

he proposed in Seaside last year during my bday trip :)

the views

Alabama or Auburn?
    roll tide
  • Options
    MaritaG11MaritaG11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Marita and John.

Yours and FI's ages:
    I'm 19 and he is 21, but will be 22 at the wedding.

I work FT in customer service and am a student FT as a journalsim/PR major.

Getting married in Dothan, AL. from the wiregrass area.

July 30, 2011

deep red, burnt orange with hints of purple and green.

A year and a half.

FI and I took his brother to Olive Garden and ice skating. That night we had to take FBIL back to his house (still lives with parents -gparents next door). We were hanging out with the future in-laws and FI randomly went outside and then came back a few minutes later. I was in the kitchen getting something to drink. I came back in and he gave me a big hug and then got down on one knee. He proposed in front of his grandparents and his mom. Not too romantic but it was special because my engagement ring was his grandmothers. (: 

Friendly people, the weather(most of the time), so close to beaches, random monuments ( boll weevil in enterprise, peanuts in dothan), football! 

Alabama or Auburn?
    Roll Tide! 
    Unfortunately FI is an Auburn fan. 
    What I'm most looking forward to in 2012:
    Vacations with DH, baby G 1.0, and Riley's first birthday!
    Photobucket Anniversary
    My Chart
    Off BCP October 2011
    TTC #1 since December 2011
  • Options
    michelle2778michelle2778 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:  
    Michelle & Mark

Yours and FI's ages: 
    Both 28

Me - Sports Administration, Him - Sports/Recreation part time...nursing school full time

Birmingham

May 7, 2011

Lavender & White

2 1/2 years

Since I'm not from Alabama, I would say the fact that I met my fiancee here...and the weather is pretty great too!  :)

Alabama or Auburn?
    Him - Alabama
    Me - Neither (Florida State...GO NOLES)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Sadie & Matthew

Yours and FI's ages:
    21/24

I am a full time student with a major in Accounting. FI works for the Dept. of Def.

I have lived in Oneonta (45 south of Cullman) my whole life. Matthew lives in Peachtree City, GA (hour south of ATL). We will be married at Mt. View Gardens and Ballroom in Springville, AL.

Theme is tropical (not beachy) since we will be moving to Hawaii!! (his job) Colors are Malibu blue and fushia

16 months

He suprised me at the dentist offive! The whole place was in on it. (No worries, it was a routine cleaning so no numb mouth!) I hate the dentist and he once joked that if I went he would propose.

Southren hospitality and family values.

Alabama or Auburn?
    HER: Alabama! ROLL Tide!
    HIM: He could care less about football in general... but he's muttered Roll TIde a couple of times.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 made the cutimage 128 can't wait!image 63 had other plansimage 2 can't decideimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_get-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:c14ef5a4-185d-490d-aa66-463e28d56343Post:3c0977dc-e430-4e92-beaa-6bed00a91d9e">Re: Get to Know You!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alabama or Auburn?
    Roll Tide! 
    Unfortunately FI is an Auburn fan. 
    Posted by MaritaG11[/QUOTE]
    Good luck to you, madam.  Lol.  ;-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_get-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:c14ef5a4-185d-490d-aa66-463e28d56343Post:3c0977dc-e430-4e92-beaa-6bed00a91d9e">Re: Get to Know You!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alabama or Auburn? Roll Tide!  Unfortunately FI is an Auburn fan. 
    Posted by MaritaG11[/QUOTE]<div>
    <div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;"><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;" class="Apple-style-span">I'm with you there.  Our first two football seasons together were better than this last year. :)</span></div></span></div>
    </div></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:  Andrea & Clay

Yours and FI's ages: 27 & 26

Yours and FI's occupations: I work for an investment management company (but went to UA for biology).  He's a CPA.

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? We live in Birmingham but are getting married in Gallant.

When is your wedding date? June 4, 2011

What are your wedding colors/theme? lavender and a very pale limey green

How long have you and FI been together? 3 years, 1 month

Tell us your proposal story. He proposed on Christmas Eve, leading me on a scavenger hunt for my gift.  He had painted two ornaments and hung them on our tree.  One said "All I want for Christmas is you" and the other "Will you marry me?"  He said that because Love was born on Christmas Day, it was only appropriate that he ask me to be his wife during the holiday and told me that he knew it wasn't possible for a human to live someone as much as Christ loved His bride but he wanted to spend every day trying.  

What is your favorite thing about Alabama?  Football season.  No contest.

Alabama or Auburn?  Passionately Alabama and stuck with a passionate Auburn fan for the rest of my life. ;) No conversions possible. 
  • Options
    amdagnyamdagny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Amanda & Lucas

Yours and FI's ages: 31(!) and 29

Yours and FI's occupations: I'm an insurance adjuster and he's a drafter.

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in?  We're both from Mobile, and the nuptuials are taking place here.

When is your wedding date? 5/21/11 (so soon!)

What are your wedding colors/theme? Blues/Purple/Sage Green/Garden wedding

How long have you and FI been together? 5 years :)

Tell us your proposal story.  It was a bad day and I was crying (I totally ruined it).  Despite my crazy behavior, he pulled out some Scrabble tiles (we play Scrabble all the time) and starting putting them down, to spell out "Will you marry me". 

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? Tie between the beach and Mardi Gras

Alabama or Auburn? South Alabama (me!) and he's a Bama fan
  • Options
    Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: 
    Thea and Travis

Yours and FI's ages:
    24 and 25

I'm an accountant/office manager for a sound and lighting company and FI works for a medical billing company. 

Downtown Mobile

October 15, 2011

Dark purple (Davids "Lapis") and bright green are the colors. The ceremony is in a public park and the reception is in a very modern art gallery.

A little over 6 years

In short, he proposed at my office because he knew it was the only way he'd surprise me haha. 

Football season and Mardi Gras!

Alabama or Auburn?
    Auburn! WAR EAGLE! 
    But, unfortunately, we're a house divided lol. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Kristi and Stephen

Yours and FI's ages:
    25 & 27

Legislative Aide and Military Officer

We're getting married in my hometown of Florence

April 14, 2012

Our colors our various shades of purple, accented with gray.  I wanted something that would clash with his uniform, but also something that didn't scream America (red, blue, gold).  We'll be having the traditional sword arch, as well.

We've been together since July 2009

Our story isn't all that exciting, seeing as I hate surprises. I knew he had gone ring shopping, but he told me that with the Christmas rush in DC there was no way any jeweler would be able to have anything done before we left for Christmas.  He had me convinced that it wasn't going to happen.  The morning we were scheduled to fly out I woke up really early (4:45am EST) to start getting ready.  When I came out of the bathroom with my towel wrap on and my hair soaking wet, he was standing there.  I screamed because I was still half asleep and someone standing in my hallway scared me.  Once I stopped gasping for air, he got down on one knee...of course I said yes!

The safe feeling I get everytime I step off the plane into Alabama.  This inexplicable calm comes over me because I'm finally home!

Alabama or Auburn?
    Auburn!  I graduated from there in 2008 and actually play co-ed softball for the alumni team in DC.  Stephen went to a basketball school in Wisconsin and since they don't have a football team, he's gladly adopted mine!

-Kristi
  • Options
    emilyv1011emilyv1011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Emily and Jon
    Yours and FI's ages:
    21 and 25
    I work at a golf course/student, FI electrical technology
    North Alabama
    October 8th, 2011
    fall colors
    a little over 2 years
    we took a road trip spent a couple days in DC then made a stop at myrtle beach on the way back to Alabama and he proposed to me on the beach it was perfect and I was totally surprised :)
    eh just about everything, it's really a great place to live
    Alabama or Auburn?
    Roll Tide baby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yours and FI's names:TENESHA AND MICHEALS

Yours and FI's ages:IM GOING TO BE 21 IN JULY, AND HE'S 24

Yours and FI's occupations: IM A WEDDING PANNER/TARGET SALES ASSOCIATE/ HE'S A NURSE AT BYRCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOOSA

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in?FROM CARROLLTON BUT GETTIN MARRIED IN BIRMINGHAM AL,

When is your wedding date? AUGUST 24,2012 OR 2013 , STILL TRYING TO DECIDE I ATLEAST WANT A YR TO PLAN.

What are your wedding colors/theme? STILL DECIDING. ;)

How long have you and FI been together? ALMOST 5 YRS

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? THE WAETHER!!! LOL IM ORIGINALLY FROM NEW JERSEY

Alabama or Auburn?  ALABAMA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Adrienne and Josh Yours and FI's ages: both 24 Yours and FI's occupations: I work full-time at an attorney's office and I teach dance part-time. He's about to finish grad school so he can begin his teaching career. What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? Birmingham When is your wedding date? (tentative) June 2012 What are your wedding colors/theme? Tiffany blue and pink How long have you and FI been together? 4 years and 3 months Tell us your proposal story. Josh took me to dinner at P. F. Chang's for our four-year anniversary. Since we go there fairly often, I didn't suspect anything. When we got back to my house, he stopped me on the front porch and gave me a picture book he had made for me. Towards the end, the captions read: "Happy Four Year Anniversary!" followed by "oh, yeah..." And that's when he proposed :) What is your favorite thing about Alabama? Southern hospitality, Logan Martin Dam, Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, fall/football season, going to races at Dega, and of course my Auburn Tigers :) Alabama or Auburn? Proud member of the Auburn Family. War Damn Eagle!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Kayla and Codey
    Yours and FI's ages:
    Both 22
    I work for the attorney general and he is a police officer
    I am from Prattville al and he is from montgomery
    April 28,2012
    Purple and silver ... reception theme mardi gras
    almost 3 years
    ..way to long.. short version...he made me mad...then went to my house set up a pinic in the living room because it was raining outside...mom got me to go to the house... he had all my favorite foods.. and on the the peanutbutter lid he had will you marry me with the ring...
    umm idk..i am from New Orleans so it is hard to top that
    Alabama or Auburn?
    Codey: AU
    Me:LSU!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Nicole And Jon

Yours and FI's ages:
    22 and 21 He will Be 22 July 28 I turned 22 March 30

I Work At Morgan County Jail as A Corrections Officer working directly with the inmates and Jon Is a team leader at Emmerson/Copeland

We are getting Married in the Arbor at the Botanical Garden in Huntsville, Al

October 29, 2011

We Chose A Fall theme. Leaves and pumkiins. All the Rich fall Colors. My Dress Is Ivory and my Maid of honor is wearing a Truffle Chiffon gown

We Have only been "together" since December of 2010 but have grown up together. Always been close.

He Wanted to suprise me but i kept ruining the suprises. the first suprise that i ruined was the RING! I Was Looking For a picture that i took of us on his phone and came across a picture of the ring. it took my breath away and i gasped. well he relized what happend and told me that he is thinking about asking me. A few weeks later we went and spent the day with my parents later i found out he asked my dad if he could marry me. When we got home that night he was ill. being snappy and grumpy and we were bickering a bit. so he stomped off to the bed room and i remained in the living room. realizing it had been a while since i heard him or seen him i went into the bedrooom to make mends and as i turned the corner..the he was on one knee holding that little black box. i stepped back with supprise and hollered WHAT IS THIS? JON.. WHAT IS THIS? he was laughing at me and said this is me asking u to marry me. i figured ud never suspect it if we were fighting. So of course i said yes and dont be suprised but my parents alredy knew lol.

Its My Home And WhereI Grew Up.

Alabama or Auburn:
    Neither of us are football fans :) Sry

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yours and FI's names: Samantha and Nathan

Yours and FI's ages: me 23 him 24

Yours and FI's occupations: me-optician him-conductor

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? from wetumpka married lapine a

When is your wedding date? 10/08/11

What are your wedding colors/theme? deep purple, olive green, and deep blue

How long have you and FI been together? 4years

Tell us your proposal story.  He proposed to me a week ago on lake martin at childrens harbor. Some of you may know where that is.

What is your favorite thing about Alabama?  I am not sure, but I don't think I would want to live anywhere else!

Alabama or Auburn?  ROLL TIDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Courtney and Adam

Yours and FI's ages: 25 & 26

Yours and FI's occupations: nursing student/waitress & counter rep at rental car agency

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? Birmingham area

When is your wedding date? tentatively  5/5/2011

What are your wedding colors/theme? green and brown

How long have you and FI been together? 1.5 years

Tell us your proposal story.  All week my fiance had been trying to get me to go with him to dinner, to the park, anywhere really, but I had so much to do for school.  Well i had been up all night studying for a huge test and I had fallen asleep. Well he couldnt wait any longer and slipped it on my finger woke me up and asked me!!!
    What is your favorite thing about Alabama? The hot summers :) 

Alabama or Auburn? Alabama!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Jocelyn & Jessie

Yours and FI's ages: Me: 24 FI: 25  (but my birthday is coming up yay!!)

Yours and FI's occupations: I work for a hotel and will be going to grad school after wedding/ FI works for VA Hospital part time and full time grad school

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? I'm from the Dothan area/ FI from Birmingham area. Getting married in Eufaula

When is your wedding date? 1/14/12

What are your wedding colors/theme? Purple & Peacock

How long have you and FI been together? We were best friends for 6 years until we decided to take our friendship to another level. 10 months as a couple :)

Tell us your proposal story. FI and I traveled to the beach for his birthday weekend. He proposed right after we got to the hotel. He said he couldn't wait any longer. He had planned to propose on his birthday which was 2 days later. :)

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? Southern Hospitality

Alabama or Auburn? ALABAMA BABY!!! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL TIDE ROLL!! FI AND I ARE BOTH ALABAMA ALUMS!!! Smile
  • Options
    shstephensonshstephenson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Samantha and Corey

Yours and FI's ages: 19 and 22

Yours and FI's occupations: I am a student at the University of Alabama and he is a Corrections Officer

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? We are from Slapout AL and getting married in Wetumpka AL

When is your wedding date? Still deciding.. nothing concrete

What are your wedding colors/theme? Aqua blue and mossy green/ rustic

How long have you and FI been together? 4 years and 2 months

Tell us your proposal story. I was getting ready to run errands one morning when he walked into our bedroom with a kitten. On the kitten was a collar with my ring and a note that said "Will you marry me?" SO sweet :)

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? Slow paced, laidback lifestyle

Alabama or Auburn? ROLL TIDE ROLL :) We are two VERY passionate Alabama fans! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Jenni+T

Yours and FI's ages: 24 & 23

Yours and FI's occupations: me, admin. him, production. 

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? on the beach!

When is your wedding date? 9-10-11

What are your wedding colors/theme? aqua, pink, grey

How long have you and FI been together? 1.5 years

Tell us your proposal story. Tuesday morning, on my birthday, getting ready for work, and i always pick out my outfit before showering. he puts the ring on my clothes, and tells me "i added something to your wardrobe" and there it was! :)

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? the beach...

Alabama or Auburn? Neither, im a Razorback. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:Emily& Brian

Yours and FI's ages:25&27

Yours and FI's occupations:stay at home mom/ Student & Dental Tech

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in?Huntsville

When is your wedding date?June 2012

What are your wedding colors/theme?I am think blue and Yellow

How long have you and FI been together?5 1/2 years

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? Gulf Shores

Alabama or Auburn?
    WAR EAGLE
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    misikesmisikes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Cecilia & Steven

Yours and FI's ages: 23 & 27

Yours and FI's occupations: Student/Retail Associate ; Projection Manager

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? I am from Gadsden (FI is from San Diego), we will be getting married close to my hometown.

When is your wedding date? April 21, 2011

What are your wedding colors/theme? Still undecided, but I love soft, pastel colors, and since we're getting married in Spring (and I love, love, LOVE tulips), I'm thinking of sort of a Alice in Wonderland Tea Party type (as we got engaged in Disneyland).

How long have you and FI been together? Formally dating for 2 years.

Tell us your proposal story. FI and I went to Disneyland for his birthday, and at the end of the day, we stopped by the Wishing Well (which was crowded with people earlier in the day) and after making a wish, I asked FI what he wished for. He pulled a box out of his pocket and asked me to marry him.

I love having the quiet countryside and not feeling stressed in 5 o'clock traffic. I love how it rains often and hard, as I'm a big fan of thunderstorms and showers.

Alabama or Auburn? ROLL TIDE! (FI is from another state and doesn't pay attention to college football anyway, so that's better than marrying an Auburn fan, right? :D LOL)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names: Joe and Tina

Yours and FI's ages: We're now 40/I'm 37

Yours and FI's occupations: IT for military/IT for state

What part of Alabama are you from/in/getting married in? Wetumpka, AL

When is your wedding date? We've been married 8 years! 2/29/04

What are your wedding colors/theme? Black, red and white

How long have you and FI been together? Ten years!

What is your favorite thing about Alabama? I met my husband and started a family here!

Alabama or Auburn?War Eagle!

I was a member of this site in 2003 and 2004 when planning my own wedding and now I've been looking on this site to find out if there is a place appropriate for me to post about Pure Romance and Bachelorette parties. I'm a Pure Romance consultant and love doing parties for brides to be or just a great night for bridesmaids to get together for a girls night in. Is there an appropriate place to post?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Jessica && kyle

Yours and FI's ages:
    We're both 19, we'll be 20 by the time we get married.

Fashion Consultant - Chico's FAS and College Student(Office Adm- Medical Asst)
    Drum Department Manager- Guitar Center and College Student (Criminal Justice)

From Mobile
    Getting Married in Robertsdale

12-08-12

Red, Black, and White

1 year

We went to the beach and walked down the beach to a quiet section of the beach and we sat down to talk. Then he asked if I was hungry and when we stood up to walk back to the car he stopped me and got down on one knee and said Jessica I love you, will you marry me? :D

Our beaches (:

Alabama or Auburn?
    I'm actually for LSU
    Kyle is Alabama
  • Options
    ZealieZealie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Eva & Adam
    Yours and FI's ages:
    27 & 29
    Trainer for a telecommunication company & machinist
    We're both from the outskirts of Auburn/Opelika.. trying to keep the wedding close to home for family's sake.
    October 4, 2013 (tenative since it's so far in advance)
    Hard to say so far in advance, but right now I'm thinking neutrals of tan, black and white with a little maroon/deep red accent.
    Three years as of 10/4/11

http://thenerdynuptials.blogspot.com/2011/10/our-love-story-bit-abridged.html
    It's home.   There are many things I love, but as a total homebody-- I haven't found many places that beat Sweet Home AL... unless you count somewhere that doesn't get in the 100's in the summertime.  I could do without that.
    Alabama or Auburn?
    Okay, I may get shunned here... we're nerdy and don't really follow football.  As a true Southerner though, I know claiming loyalty is in the blood-- War Eagle for me and Roll Tide for the Man.  A house divided, but  we usually only watch the Iron Bowl so it makes for a good time. Laughing
    follow me as I plan my happy heart out at: http://thenerdynuptials@blogspot.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours and FI's names:
    Allison & Tyler

Yours and FI's ages:
    21 & 22

My degree is in Early Childhood Education, but with jobs so scarce, I still have my bank teller job.  He owns his own restaraunt

From the bibb county area, which is right smack dab in between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham.  Getting married in Brent, AL

April14, 2012

Navy Blue & Candy Apple Green/ Southern Charm theme

HA! The day we get married will be our SIX MONTH "anniversary"  It's all so fast, but when you know, you know. :)

We went to carve pumpkins at a friends house (who happened to be his aunt who is more like a sister) and he carved "Marry Me" in it.  Total surprise.  :)

Eh, I would love to move.  I've been here to long.

Alabama or Auburn?
    I'm an auburn fan, he's an alabama fan

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't believe I haven't done this- Opps :)

Yours and FI's names:
    Amanda & George

Yours and FI's ages:
    31 & 27

I'm a freelance theatrical lighting designer, and the FI is a creative technologist with a big ad agency.

We're both from the Birmingham area (but we're living in Colorado). We're getting married near Gadsden.

May 5, 2012

Teal, burnt orange, gray, and ivory are the main colors, but we're not super concerned with being super matchy. We're going for a vintagey picnic kind of thing- bbq, lawn games, 1920's music for cocktail hour :)

9 years.

We went camping in Rocky Mountain National Park. We hiked to a waterfall and he very simply asked me while we were sitting next to it. It was perfect :)

Um... Other than Milo's hamburgers, I can't really say I miss a whole lot :/

Alabama or Auburn?
    I'm Auburn, he's Alabama :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards