Alabama
Options

Making a List

Okay I am meeting with the lady next week that will be the day of the wedding coordinator.  She and I both would like for me to have a general list of things that I would like for her to do or keep up with whatever. Anyways I am drawing a blank!!! I can think of a few things but that is it.  What are some things that you can think of that you will need people to be doing to help make the day run smoothly?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Making a List

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Will you need to make final payments to vendors?
    Direct vendors to where they need to be.
    Ensure guestbook table is set up and running smoothly.

I did a google search too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Direct WP members (including parents of the bride and groom AND the bride and groom themselves) where to go for both ceremony and reception.

Ensure that the bride and groom are able to sit down and eat and the reception, and run interference with all guests until they have had a chance to eat in peace.

Round up the necessary people for the pictures that are about to be taken - and make sure they don't wander off before the pictures are done!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One week prior she should confirm arrival times for all of your vendors.

Manage vendors and direct them to where they should go.  Make sure she has contact information for all vendors in case one is late or doesn't show. Direct wedding party (make sure they are on time to photos, and in place for the ceremony to start)

Make sure guest book/gift tables are set up properly.  Make sure programs are where they are supposed to be. Basically make sure any items you want to provide are setup appropriately.

Do a final run through of the ceremony site before guests start arriving to verify everything is properly setup.  Do the same for the reception site.  (Sometimes vendors will accidentally leave a little trash behind - like a wrapper or a container, and you don't want that sitting on a pew or chair).

Have a general timeline for the reception (first dance, parents dances, cake cutting, toasts, garter and bouquet toss) and let you know when it's time for those.

Make sure your overnight bag gets to your transportation.

Handle final payments and/or tips for your vendors.

Gather all items at the end of the night to be delivered to you: gifts, toasting flutes, cake serving utensils, things you used to get ready, clothes you changed out of, etc. 

Do a final run through after all vendors have cleaned up to be sure nothing was left behind.

HTH!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards