Delaware

Christmas Decorations?

Family Promise of Northern New Castle County (http://www.familypromisede.org/) is an organization that helps to house homeless families in NCCo.  Basically, churches (all denominations, including synogagues) join the network, and host the families for a week.  The families are fed there by congregation members, and sleep there, then they go to either school or the day center, where they recieve job training and help finding housing and employment.  This is the only network/center/shelter that allows families to stay together as a whole.  Every other place in NCCo splits the fathers from the mothers and children.

Anyway, my church is involved.  It was announced, both in church and on the Family Promise facebook page, that they have recieved a donation of a Christmas Tree.  The problem is, they don't have any decorations or ornaments!

I figured I would ask on here if anyone has any ormanents or decorations that they would be willing to donate so that they can decorate the day center.  If you have anything, you can PM or email me.  We are putting our tree up after Thanksgiving and planning on going thru our ornaments to find some to donate.

Also, if anyone has diapers, wipes, or hotel toiletries that they would be willing to donate, let me know- the center is always in need of these!

Thanks so much ladies!  I figured I would ask since all of us are, in some way, better off than these families.  We all have someplace warm to call home, and a bed to lay down on.  These families have nothing-literally- and with it being the holiday season, I figured this would be an easy way to help bring a smile to someone's face.

If you would like to volunteer or help out in person, feel free to PM me and we can talk.  I would love to give info to anyone who is willing to help out!

Re: Christmas Decorations?

• uderin02uderin02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be getting our decorations down next week also and I'm sure I have a few things I don't use anymore.  I will contact you next week to let you know...great idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

MBR - YGPM

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards