Delaware

Transportation for 24+ Guests - Wlimington/SE Pennsylvania Area

Hi All!
My fiance and I have just set a date for our wedding (August 20th, 2011) and we are starting to look into booking transportation for ourselves, our bridal party, and our parents (to the church from our house in Media, PA, from the church to pictures, from pictures to our reception in Wilmington). I would love to be able to keep everyone together, but we are going to have AT LEAST 24 guests to transport.
I would be open to any form of transportation that could carry that many people (limo bus, trolley, etc). I've contacted a couple of places and it seems like the trolleys are more expensive than the limo buses. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company they used/know of that would provide good service at a fair price?
We would probably need the rental for 4 hours.

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Transportation for 24+ Guests - Wlimington/SE Pennsylvania Area

• edited December 2011
    I didn't use transportation as my ceremony/ reception was all at one place. 
    However, I love the look of Trolley's!  my cousin had a trolley and they had a blast.  And it creates a great photo-op!
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just rented a limo bus for the same reason. I'm not familiar with the limo companies in DE bc I am having my wedding in NY but what I did was call all the limo companies up there and shopped around for the best price. Prices really varied up there from company to company. I was given rates as high as $1800 for 5 hrs to $1150 not counting 20% gratuity.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend Delaware Express for your purposes.  They aren't the super nice limo buses, but they are the shorter buses with coach seating, and are usually cheaper than the other companies (since they specialize in group transportation instead of limos).

Another one to look at would be Eagle, as they have larger buses to transport.

Hope that helps!
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're renting a 26-passenger limo bus from Dave's Limos.
    http://www.daveslimo.com/home.html

It's $843.75 / 3 hours, includes all gratuity and service charges, each additional hour is $168.75.

We had looked into trolleys as well, but once you start adding on things like air conditioning and gratuity, it got expensive fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards