Delaware
Options

Marriage License Question

Do you need your birth certificates to get a marriage license in DE?  It doesn't say you do on the website or their information line, but I wanted to double check because that would be a gigantic pain in the butt if we got there and found out you did need them.

Thanks ladies!
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: Marriage License Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't remember for sure, but I don't think you do.  I remember them asking my parents' names and cities where they were born, which are on the birth certificates so I don't think they're required.  BTW, I bought the name change kit there thinking it would be a great time-saver, but all I used out of it was the address for Social Security (which I could have found online) and the request for a new passport (which I could have gotten at the post office).  Don't waste your $20, it's not worth it.
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You do not need your birth certificate.  You will need to know your parents names, your moms maiden name, and the state they were born in.  You/FI will also have to bring a divorce decree if either of you have been married before (my DH was previously married and he had to bring his divorce decree).  And don't forget to bring your DL's and payment. 

Don't waste your money on the name change kit either...rip off.  I got everything changed without it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards