Iowa-Des Moines

Reception questions

Tomorrow I am meeting with my reception venue to go over some details and I was just wondering if you guys had any sugeestions on things I need to ask about? I've already booked them and the caterers so now we just need to work on details. TIA!
TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
IVF w/ICSI - 15R, 12M, 10F - transferred 2; froze 3
Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) 7/31 168 bpm (8w6d) 8/22 170 bpm (12w)
EDD 3/6/13
Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Reception questions

• edited December 2011
    When can you start decorating? What time do you need to be out? What do you have to clean up? Where is eveything going to be set up at? How many tables/chairs do they have? Is there a place for the DJ to set up? What are the rules with alcohol?
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Who will cut your cake? Will they light candles and set up things your florist does not? (ours is in a hotel and they limit what they will do for us)Is there a cleaning fee?Kendra covered most of the others I would throw out there. If you have booked them, sounds like you have asked most of the important stuff regarding deposit, etc. GL and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    We have a personal decorator for our reception hall. She told me that lots of times the main table is set up and then taken down to create room for dancing. Don't set the table up where it has to be taken down to create room. It's one of the focal points of the wedding and should be set up the entire time. Also we have informed our reception hall that we don't want the bar set up next to the dancefloor....too many spilt drinks!!! Hope this advice helps some!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Since we had the same venue, feel free to email me or send me a facebook message :) And if you leave the meeting feeling like something was missing, just ask.  I'm more than happy to help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards