Iowa-Des Moines

Tux Help

Hi Ladies,Does anyone have tux advice?  I got my dress at Schaffer's, but the tuxes there seemed pretty expensive.  I've also gotten information from Skeffington's, Men's Wearhouse, and Milroy's.  Has anyone had really good/bad experiences with any of these places?  Or does anyone have a different recommendation?Thanks!

Re: Tux Help

• edited December 2011
    Skeffingtons was great for us.  They let you know who has or hasn't called in their measurements and they're easy to work with.  Their warehouse is in town too so if you have someone that ended up with a wrong size they swap it out no sweat.  I didn't think they were terribly priced either - ours were $110 (after tax) and that included an upgrade to microfiber since our wedding was in August and we didn't want them sweating as terribly.  Hope that helps and good luck!
    Married 08.22.09 Ryan 01.07.2011
  • edited December 2011
    Skeffington's took good care of the couple of groomsmen who had to rent suits, and for a really good price. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Skeffington's and they have been great so far. We have guys spread all over the U.S. and since they can get measured at any Saavy formal wear shop, it is not such an inconvenience. I thought the pricing for our brown tuxes was reasonable too (though still more than black).
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Skeffingtons and they have been great to work with! I can let you know a final review after the wedding next month, but I'm pretty confidant they will do a good job.
  • erinnhahnerinnhahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here!  Using Skeffington's and so far no problems and yes the tuxes we choose are cheap!  I think they were $97, it was right under $100 bucks I knew that much.  Our wedding is in November so can't give a complete review on them yet but I would recommend them.  I agree with another posting how the convenience of the warehouse is nice too incase of last minute adjustments.
  • MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Milroy's. They weren't overly friendly folks there, but they had the tuxes we wanted in the price we wanted. No problems with anything being the wrong size or color, so even though I wouldn't give them an A+ in friendliness, they do get a A+ for product. :)
  • sfrazer11sfrazer11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone! I think we'll check out Skeffington's :)
  • sfrazer11sfrazer11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!  I think we'll check out Skeffington's :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards