Iowa-Des Moines

Intimate Wedding Locations

We'd like to have a very small wedding --- just the two of us and a few close family members --- and are trying to find an elegant spot in Des Moines for the ceremony. We've thought about a hotel suite (maybe the Marriott downtown; we LOVE views of the city).

Any ideas for a beautiful location? It could be outside or inside. Thanks! :)

Re: Intimate Wedding Locations

• abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Savery has an amazing suite!  It is actualy the whole top floor of the hotel.  There is a patio that over looks the capital.  You might want to check that out.  Tara and the staff at the Savery are great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what the current status is of the penthouse suite at the Savery; when we got married last fall, it wasn't available, but I don't know if it was may under repair or out of commission permanently. 

You might check out anywhere in Greenwood park - there are some neat spaces there, including the rose garden where we had our wedding (PIB).  The Art Center has a neat courtyard with pools that could make for a cool space.  And for a more rustic feel, it could be cool to do the ceremony under the trees at any local park, like Walnut Woods or Jester. 

Good luck! 
  • TTtataTTtata member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Des Moines Club (34th floor of the Ruan Building) is where we are having our reception.  Amazing views of the city and accomdates a smaller group.  We are having around 100 guests.  They do require a food/drink minimum, but they might work with you depending on time/season/day etc.  I considered doing a small ceremony there too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards