Iowa-Des Moines

Wedding Officiant - Des Moines area

Any good recommendations for a wedding officiant?  We're having an outdoor wedding next September at Copper Creek.  I would prefer a religious ceremony and am wanting more than a judge to perform the ceremony.  I've received information from "A Beautiful Affair of the Heart" but their pricing starts at $375 and I've read some negative reviews online (but it sounds like they're all over the US, not just in Iowa).

Any recommendations?  How much are you paying?

Re: Wedding Officiant - Des Moines area

• edited December 2011
    I suggest Barron Geiger of Cross Way church in Altoona. He is an amazing pastor, and FYI his pre-marriage counseling is fantastic!! Very highly recommend it!  He is easy to work with, and pleasant. :)
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • edited December 2011
    We went though a beautiful affair of the heart and our officiate was Nicole Adams. What we didn't find out until after we had already gone through beautiful affair of the heart is that they subcontract out their contracts to various officiates. Nicole was one of them. She runs "The Marriage Pros" . We ended up paying quite a bit more by going through beautiful affair of the heart than just going through her which sucked but whatever.

Anyway Nicole did exactly what we wanted (short and non-religious) and we had no problems. She answered all our questions and filed the paperwork promptly, we got our certificate the next week. Here is her website if you are interested: http://www.themarriagepros.com/Home_Page.php
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Marriage Pros sounds like exactly what I was wanting - it's $250 for the ceremony and rehearsal, so that's $100 cheaper than A Beautiful Affair -- thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Candle Lit Way Wedding Chapel in Dallas Center and the caretakers have a list of retired ministers that perform weddings we can choose from. The ministers ask for $150 for their services.
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check out "The Wedding Chapel" in Clive, Iowa too.  I have a couple friends who got married there, and one who was married off-site. 
    Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards