Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Help! Getting super nervous.

I almost hate looking at theknot these days because my stomach drops everytime I see my countdown.  I am now at 77 days and I have been getting so so nervous. Everytime anyone says, "ohhhh it's coming up" I feel like I could puke.  I am super excited to marry my fiance, but I just don't like being the center of attention.  Also, my mom and dad are both remarried and no one talks to each other. What if it's awkward?  I am also worried about all the other things most people worry about......not having enough food, enough room, enough drinks, people not having fun, ect ect.  I am thinking I should see about getting on some anxiety meds because I have been so nervous.....Is this normal? Anyone else feeling this way?!

Re: Help! Getting super nervous.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This would be the reason I see my therapist once a month.  Seriously.  I saw her once a month before wedding planning, but some weeks I wish I was there once a week now.  Yes, being anxious it totally normal.  I'm in the same boat and I'm at 50 some odd days, I think.  I try not to look because it freaks me out.  I had to take a calendar and write 2-3 tasks per week on it from now until the wedding, and that helped me calm down.  I know everything is going to get done, I know the day is going to be beautiful, and I know everything is going to work out.  Even if there are a few things here and there that don't work out like I wanted, and this has already happened, it is ok.  I suggest working out or reading a book or doing something that is going to get your mind off the wedding. 

On the parent front, I am also right there in the same boat.  I didn't speak with my fathers family for 10 years due to a huge falling out.  His side basically hates my mother, who raised me, so I'm not really looking forward to that interaction.  Plus, my dad doesn't know that my mom is walking me down the aisle, so how do you think he is going to react when he finds taht out?  I just don't feel like it his his right to do it.  I know my mom isn't going to give me trouble, but I'm currently trying to figure out if my fathers family is going to be tame or if they are going to be drama.  If they are drama, they will more than likely get asked to leave by my wedding coordinator.  Don't let it ruin the day.  It is about you and FI and that is what matters.  People are going to have a great time when they see you and FI happy.  Do some deep breathing and everything will be fine.  Keep telling yourself in 77 days it will all be over and you and FI will be married.   
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @deregniern:
       Thank you! Glad I am not the only one. :) Ahhhh I hate seeing that darn countdown. I think working out does help. I have tried that. I am soooo nervous about the family drama. My mom actually cheated on my dad and is now married to the guy she cheated with, whom I am not a fan of. My step mom and mom probably won't get along or if they don't I hope I don't notice or hear about it. I am not close to most of my mom's side but felt I had to invite them. This is probably what I am nervous about the very most.
    I would think and hope that your dad would understand why you are having your mother walk you down the aisle. My dad adopted my half sister at 3 and raised her because her real dad walked out and then came back to her life when she was 18. She had my dad walk her half way and her dad walk her half way. I know this hurt my dad a little because he was the one that raised her even if he wasn't her real dad so I thnk you are making the right decision. 
    The bad thing is that I can't eat when I am super nervous and anxious just because I have no appetite. I am already skinny enough and do not want to loose weight so I really hope I can just get some xanex and chill. ;)  I am sad because this is supposed to be an exciting happy time for me and yet I am making it stressful with all my worry. Before I ever got engaged or had a bf even I knew that I would stress...probaby why I never pushed my fiance into engagement. lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards