Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Inexpensive caterers? Hickory Park reviews?

Any have a recommendation for a cheap caterer? I'm looking for around $10 per head, preferably less! We don't really need anything extravagant...even just like pork sandwiches, chicken, something light. So far Hickory Park seems the least expensive, but I'm still curious what else others may have used. I've gone to bridal shows, web searching, etc...but haven't found too much for budget catering.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nessa

Re: Inexpensive caterers? Hickory Park reviews?

• Options

Hy-Vee is probably something to look into, if you haven't already. When we were originally looking at places that would let us bring in our own food (in Omaha), they were reasonable. I think their lasangna/pasta bar or cocktail sandwich bar starts out at about $8/person. Each store should have a catering brochure. They will also give you a discount if you're getting your flowers or cake there.

image 342 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 50 Will be missing out!
    image 200 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I had looked into Hy-Vee as well. Surprisingly, Hickory Park is just as cheap, and it just feels right, so we are going with them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_inexpensive-caterers-hickory-park-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:9d0360a8-7efa-44d9-9103-f7b352f1f029Post:f97f1f36-35c1-4716-9afc-8c181e6cc7f0">Re: Inexpensive caterers? Hickory Park reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! I had looked into Hy-Vee as well. Surprisingly, Hickory Park is just as cheap, and it just feels right, so we are going with them.
    Posted by Nessa489[/QUOTE]

I've helped several friends plan weddings, and out of 3 of them, we used HP all 3 times.  Each time they were easy to work with - we had to have some giant coolers so they could leave drinks though (they wouldn't leave their containers).  We're actually planning on using them for our own wedding next year. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards