Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Will you please do me a favor?

As you all know by now, I'm a huge fan of the Granger Community Center.  lol!  It's where I'm getting married and having my reception.  And, it is the venue I'm always sharing with you all when the topic of venues come up.

Currently, the center is operated by volunteers, specifically Betty.  At the last City meeting, the idea of finding funds to hire a director of the center came up and it sounds like they are working on it. 

This is where you fabulous ladies all come in.  I would LOVE this position.  It fits my personality to a T.  Not only could I help budget Iowa brides dreams come true, I could help the city out too.  In addition to brides, I could help other groups who need a rental space too. 

I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past 6 years and though my background is in sales, I'm nervous that my hiatus will prove an obstacle.  My request is that if you contact Betty, or have contacted her in the past, regarding the center, that you let her know that you heard about it from me, Melanie.  If she can vouch for me during the interview process that I have already generated interest in the center, prior to even knowing the position will be created, I believe I will be given consideration which would otherwise be overlooked.

Thank you, ladies.  <3

Re: Will you please do me a favor?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Feel free to message me if you need help with a cover letter or anything like that. I am a recruiter here in Des Moines and my main duty is to assist people with their resumes, cover letters and interview preps! GOOD LUCK!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards