January 2013 Weddings

Growing excitment

This whole wedding thing is starting to take shape and be more than an abstract idea for an event sometime in the future.  What a wonderful feeling!  I purchased my dress and am eagerlly awaiting it's arrival in May.  It's beautiful and I cannot wait to wear it.  I've met with three caterers so far this week, with two meetings tomorrow as well.  The one menu I've gotten sounds so delicious.  As things are starting to come together, I'm getting more and more excited.  Yay!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Growing excitment

• I'm kinda with you there. 

I had two meetings on Saturday and got a quote back today from one of them (The Florist). I'm ecstatic. I got a really good coupon at a bridal fair and will be getting my really expensive fabulous flowers for a little less than $250. I'm soooo happy about that.

I'm still trying to figure out the catering thing. It's a little bit difficult for me to wrap my head around unfortunately because we don't know exactly what kind of food we want. 

But now that we're officially a little bit more than 11 months out, I'm actually getting to work on different things and it is so fun. i've been crafting a lot recently too. That's been a lot of fun. I can't believe January will be over tomorrow. We will all be officially less than a year out on this board. 

Happy Planning, Ladies!
  • You're in OKC?  I have a ton of family there, my mom grew up there. 

The catering thing is tough.  How are we supposed to know what we'll want for dinner in 11 months when figuring out what I want tomorrow is hard?
  • I'm actually in NE Oklahoma but according to TK, there is only one major metro area in Oklahoma.

Yeah, the one caterer I met with asked me what we wanted to eat and I just stared at him. You have to give me direction and from there I can tell you what I like.

Oh well.
  • I've gotten menu proposals from all the caterers I met with, and it's a lot more fun to look at the list of options than to try and create the list. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards