Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Wedding gift from fiance

So I feel like this is kind of a strange question BUT I went out and got all my jewlery for the wedding day. Fiance found out yesterday and then told me he was planning on buying me a pearl necklace to wear the wedding day for my wedding gift. The necklace I bought is pearls but not a super expensive one and can't be returned (I purchases from ETSY) and I love it! Fiance feels frusterated now because he has no clue of what to get me. I have no ideas to help it either. My question is, what did you get from your fiance if you are already married or what ideas other than necklace earrings bracelet did you give your fiance? Ideas anyone?

Re: Wedding gift from fiance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do wedding-day gifts.  We were getting a wedding, a honeymoon, a wedding ring, each other.. somehow nothing else seemed necessary :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do gifts but did letters instead. We felt we were spending so much money already that it wasn't needed.  I am much happier that he took the time to write me a letter instead.
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We exchanged gifts. yes our gift was our vows and rings - but it was still something that we WANTED to do. Anyways. He got me a diamond earring/necklace set that is perfect for me. Simple but beautiful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the wine/box idea (not as part of the ceremony, just as something between us): Where in a box we place a bottle of wine & 2 glasses. Then before the wedding, we each write down why we love one another, how we got to our wedding day (similar to vows). Then on the day of our wedding we each put our thoughts into the box & our mothers seal the box shut. If in the course of our marriage, one of us is ready to quit we open the box, drink the wine & read what we wrote before we got married. And, if that doesn't happen by our 25th wedding anniversary we open the box at or party and read them outloud.
  • Options
    megsticks31megsticks31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw Heather that is so cute!  I love that idea! :) DH got me a TTD photo shoot in Seattle.  I really wanted to have Seattle photos in my wedding dress and including my dog :) Really need to get around to scheduling that... :)
  • Options
    supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think we'll do them if we can't think of something we're compelled to give each other. However, I do for sure want to write him a letter or card he can open on our wedding day.
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Meg, but I totally stole it from another Knottie.  I don't remember who though.  Sorry! If you want the more humerous approach (also shamelessly stolen): A pair of socks       - in case his feet cold A case of beer/shot of favorite liquor       - in case his feet get REALLY cold
  • Options
    megsticks31megsticks31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love those Heather! :)  Too cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards