Ohio-Columbus

How many ceremony programs?

We are starting to talk about ceremony programs and if we want to make our own or just have someone else make them. We found some really great ones on etsy :) Anyways, should there be enough for each person at the wedding? We don't want there to be a ton left over because that's just money wasted. Any suggestions??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many ceremony programs?

• AshLWAshLW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat as you.  I think programs are kind of a huge waste of money in the first place (I mean, you only look at them for the duration of the ceremony anyways, then they go into the trash).  We are expecting 200 guests and I was thinking of only ordering 100 or so.  Give one to each couple or something.  Not sure....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think we're doing a chalk board for ours. I feel like programs are a cost I can cut really easily.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Vistaprint and I think I spent $35 for 60 of them. We are having 120 people. 
    Anniversary
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own.  About 75 for 100 people and we had some left over.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We also made our own. I am not sure how much we spent. But the paper was like $5 and we probably used $30 in ink. And then we spent like $15 at Kinko's to have them folded and stapled.

I don't think you need one per couple. Remember, not everyone may attend the ceremony. We took the total number we were expecting at the reception and halved it. And we still quite a bit leftover.
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had about 150 guests, I made 100 programs, and we had some left over. Most couples seem to take one for both of them. I definitely would not make one for every guest. I made my own programs, if you are interested I have more info in my planning bio.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Lbrant21Lbrant21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to make enough for 70% of our guests.  This summer I was a program attendant at a friends wedding and they printed half as the number of guest, so we were trying to pass out 1 per couple, but there were some singles and a lot of the couples both people asked for them!  So I would say at least 15 couples didn't get any.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_many-ceremony-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:574f83c3-db18-476d-a4cc-4eba23e1d0a8Post:e5f1e2f5-05bb-4724-8bba-f7b25277b200">Re: How many ceremony programs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we're doing a chalk board for ours. I feel like programs are a cost I can cut really easily.
    Posted by tweber510[/QUOTE]

Very cute idea! Where will you hav the chalk board? At the front of the ceremony space? Interested to hear more about this.
  • amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would agree that 70% is a good number for programs..that is what we are doing for ours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards