Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Married!

So, I just got back from my honeymoon yesterday and wanted to check back in! I'll have more pictures and in-depth reviews later (I never had a planning bio, but I might make a married one...) but I felt like posting a few tidbits.

I will fully admit I wasn't as intensely detail-oriented as some brides on here... but I feel that we really managed to pull off a great wedding. Non type-A brides out there, don't feel bad. As long as you have a vision, and make the right choice of vendors, everything will turn out perfectly.

Despite not being super type-A, I found that even though I was never an extreme dictator about every little detail prior to the event... I kept finding myself inclined to jump in and do work during the reception. My DOC repeatedly had to tell me to get out of the kitchen and go sit down and look pretty. I never went there to yell at anyone... I genuinely felt the need to WORK at my own wedding. Silly, I know... but worth warning others against ;-)

Oh... and if anyone is looking for a makeup artist... mine was fantastic. I went with Elsie Vanity, which is owned and operated by an old friend of mine from college, Lisa. Her prices are pretty comparable to Smart and Chic. She might be relocating to Chicago in the near future, but she's worth looking into if you want a really personable but incredibly skilled makeup artist.

I wanted to post more pictures, but I only have access to a few so far.... so all you get is a picture of the wedding party.

Re: Married!

• Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful!  Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lovely!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous colors!  It looks like it was beautiful.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • Options
    kkaew816kkaew816 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:9bcd4399-2d70-495f-ac60-fdf637922568Post:8703a5ee-9d01-42f5-a7c6-228b8d9ecb00">Re: Married!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics!
    Posted by kkaew816[/QUOTE]

<div>ditto and ditto.</div><div>
    </div><div>How was the honeymoon?</div>
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, the honeymoon was fantastic! We went to Puerto Vallarta for a week and stayed in an all-inclusive resort called Villa La Estancia. It was seriously the NICEST place I've EVER been to. Swim-up bars, ocean views... oh... it was heaven.

The trip wasn't without it's hiccups. We're still a little peeved at Delta Vacations, the online travel agency we used. If you book a HM with them, be careful with what you're booking! The website and other communications can be super unclear about certain things. Their was a lot of confusion about whether or not we booked an all-inclusive stay or a room-only one (which Villa La Estancia doesn't even say they offer a room-only package on their website!) so we ended up having to fork more money over to upgrade. We have a few reasons to support asking for some of our $ back from the agency... but even with all of that... still TOTALLY worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards