Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

38 Days to go...what am I supposed to be doing?

Hey Gals-

This is a super dumb question...but what am I supposed to be doing right now? I feel like I'm in the home stretch, however everyone I talk to said this is the "crazy time" so I'm obviously missing something!  What is it?!?Embarassed

Re: 38 Days to go...what am I supposed to be doing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I can't help you hear I still have 5 months to go. Maybe finalizing RSVP's. are you doing a seating arrangement?
  • Options
    LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 17 days out, here's what we did in the last 3 weeks:

--created the program, but haven't printed it
    --put finishing details on the ceremony (exact wording of vows, etc)
    --send out the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner invite & RSVP
    --made the slide show
    --finished up the centerpieces and table "numbers" (we're doing place names) now that we know how many tables we will have.
    --send a list to the photographer of what our "must have pictures" are, along with where we want our pictures to be taken that day
    --made a very detailed down to the minute day of timeline
    --started planning out who is going to be in what car/when/how for the wedding party
    --created list for day-of for the personal attendants (ie. they are going to pick up lunch on their way to meet wedding party, etc etc).

Also, I recommend reviewing your contracts with your vendors. I was surprised (oops!) that our photography budget was due 30 days before the wedding--thankfully, our photographer sent an email.  Many other vendors are due 15 days before...so if you are getting help paying for the wedding, asking for that money now is helpful so that you have it on hand to pay everyone!

Good luck and have fun!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would recommend making a notes sheet for all the major players in the wedding.  Timelines, directions, what they have to do, etc.  That will help you get things organized and will let your family/friends know where to be and when.

Otherwise, getting your guest list/rsvps in order, confirming numbers with cateror, OOT baskets, programs, check in with all your vendors, gather back-up names and numbers if needed, make a packing list for decorations, emergency bag, schedule a date night for you and FI, confirm travel arrangements, pack luggage for honeymoon, exercise, final dress fitting, break in shoes, thank you notes/tips/final payment envelopes, teeth whitening, hair dye and cut, mani pedi, wax, tanning...

• Options
    MplsChicMplsChic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RhiannonMichele : Good question.  I guess I haven't decided yet.  Are you going to do one?  I don't really care where people sit, but maybe it would be easier for single guests?
  • Options
    LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    edited December 2011
    oooh---the seating chart question. This one is very 50/50 with people and people tend to have opinions:) If you want to invite a lot of opinions, make this is a separate post so you'll get lots of responses.

Personally, I think it is easier for all guests if you provide a seating chart.  That way, if my friends get to a reception 10 minutes before them...I still get to sit with them instead of someone random taking the spot. That is my experience at the one wedding I've been to without a seating arrangement.

It also really helps keep family who may have traveled far from gettin separated at the reception.

It's more work for those getting married, but I think worth it for the comfort of the guests...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do NOT want to do a seating chart, but I think we'll have to (family dramas.)  If nothing else, make sure to reserve the "good seats" for family!  Last wedding I went to, the close aunts/uncles of the bride were stuck in the far back because friends had gobbled up all the close tables.  no fun.
  • Options
    amyreyn1028amyreyn1028 member
    edited December 2011

One thing to think about regarding seating arrangements, if you don't assign tables or seats you will need to have an extra table or two so that families aren't separated (unless you aren't inviting kids), so it will cost more for table linens, chair covers, centerpieces, etc.  We have friends that have 5 kids so they need a fully table by themselves :)

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    start writing down songs you'll want for your reception.  I kept a piece of paper in my purse and would jot things down when I heard a good one.  Made picking songs a piece of cake!

ditto pps, start on programs, finalize vow versions/readings/ceremony music, work on table numbers
  • Options
    MplsChicMplsChic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I guess I still have a lot of stuff to do.... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards