Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Day of Coordinators

Did any of you hire a DOC? Was it worth it?  I am considering hiring one to coordinate venue decorating, etc.  I'd like the day to be as stress-free as possible for my FI and I. 

Any suggestions of people you loved or didn't?

Re: Day of Coordinators

• Liz of Elizabeth Anne Weddings has been AMAAAZING so far, and her package is really inclusive of pretty much anything you could need.  She also has a lot of connections and referrals for other vendors.  Link- http://www.elizabethanneweddings.com/
  • I wasn't going to, but as the planning kept going, I realized I was going to need/want one.  I'm using Heather with Until it Looks Right.  I think her rates are very reasonable and she's been fabulous to work with so far!
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We used Heather with Until it Looks Right and I can tell you that she and her team were INCREDIBLE! My day seemed to go flawlessly and it's because of Heather and the girls! LOVE THEM and would recommend them to ANYONE - she was worth EVERY single penny!
  • Another vote for Heather with Until it Looks Right! She's been fantastic to work with so far, and I know she'll be extremely useful on our wedding day. Everyone that I know who has used a DOC says it's more than worth it!
  • What is your price range?  All the people I've looked at ranged anywhere from $500-$2000.  In my opinion, there's no need to pay on the higher end since they all do the same thing anyway. 
    I wasn't going to hire one but I didn't want to worry about anything on that day so I hired Meredith Meyer.  Meredith was very reasonably priced (on the lower end) compared to all the others that I've looked at.  I decided to hire her after meeting with her and reading all the reviews on her.  So far, she's very fast at returning my emails and has given me good advice on what to do.   
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_day-of-coordinators-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:fee8a964-634e-4499-8245-f92063a589bfPost:e5b1355f-3af1-4392-8f0c-8ca9d0a67dfd">Re: Day of Coordinators</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it depends on how good your venue coordinators are. I debated on geting one, but in the end, I'm glad I didn't spend the money. However, not every venue is going to have people as helpful as mine were. If you don't feel like they have a strong connection with you or aren't very organize, it's probably a good idea to invest in someone to help keep things moving smoothly.
    Posted by AshP12[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. Although DOCs are extremely popular on the Knot, I feel confident in both the church wedding coordinator and the reception coordinator to manage the flow of my day and troubleshoot any issues that might pop up. To me, the $500-$1000 (or more) that would have been spent on a DOC could be used in so many other great ways that will be much more enjoyable for my guests (i.e. drinks, upgraded entrees, photobooth, etc.).

Of course, you really need to look at your ceremony/reception vendors, as well as your friends and family, and make that call for yourself.
    Anniversary
  • For me, I know it will be worth it on the day.   I am not having any personal attendants, and want everyone in or at the wedding to feel like a guest - that means no answering vendor questions, decorating, setting up, running around, dealing with emergencies, etc.  Now I understand doing these things prior the day of the wedding, but I was previously in a wedding  as a bridesmaid where I had to (during the actual reception) help fill water pitchers, setup appetizers, transport flowers, and do other random things that really took away from me enjoying my friend's wedding.  Yes, you are there to support and offer help - but I think the wedding party would appreciate not having to work at your wedding.

For the list of things my DOC is doing - I feel as though that much less stress on the day will be worth it for me and my friends and family.  I'm going with Sarah Trotter at Lasting Impressions and she has been wonderful and we aren't even there yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards