Missouri-Kansas City

Ceremony Idea!?

I am looking for something creative to do in place of the unity candle for my ceremony. I have seen people use the sand, and I like something along that idea but I have seen that a lot. Any ideas??? I would love for it to be something we could keep in or home as keepsake..hmmm??

Re: Ceremony Idea!?

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could make a garden stone with your hand prints.
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw one wedding post where the couple wrote love letters to each other, and bought a really nice bottle of wine. They placed the wine and letters into an old wine crate, and hammered the lid on together. The idea was that if they get into a large fight, they open the box, and read each others letter while they drink the bottle of wine. if they don't get into a fight they fee warrants opening the box, they pick an anniversary year to open it up and celebrate it. 

I found it at this post: Here
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, this website has some neat ideas too

Click -> HERE
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a handfasting. What's nice about this is that you can pretty much mould it to your needs. You can make it as religious/Pagan as you want, or a secular as you want. We did ours as a secular ritual, and it was very short. But our handfasting ribbon was a nice keepsake, and I'm going to display it in our house.

These aren't our ribbons, but they're a good example...

Here's our wording:

HANDFASTING

Shauna & Mike have chosen to do a hand fasting ceremony. In Europe, until the mid 1700’s, few unions were sanctified in a church or synagogue. Rather, they were celebrated by a simple hand fasting ceremony in which the two partners joined hands over the village anvil, in the fields or in the groves of trees. Today, we build upon this tradition. Mike and Shauna’s linked hands, to form an infinity circle, symbolizes the entirety of the universe as represented in their relationship.

Mike and Shauna, please join hands. 

*Shauna’s mom prepares the cords*

Back in earlier years, the hands would be bound with whatever was available - vines, colorful cords, or a scarf. Today we will use these ribbons to symbolize their promises.

*To Both*
    Will you be each other’s faithful partners and constant friends for life, and love and honor each other without reservation? 

Yes 

*Ribbons are wrapped around wrists once*

Will you stand by one another in sickness and in health, in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow?

Yes 

*Ribbon is wrapped around wrists again*

Will you always to be open and honest with each other, for as long as you both shall live?

Yes 

* Ribbon is wrapped around wrists a final time* 

The knots of this binding are not formed by these chords but instead by your vows.  

*Shauna’s mom removes the ribbons*
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards