Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Reviews

We got married May 14, 2011 and everything was as close to perfect as you can get!  I loved every bit of it!

Here we go Vendor Reviews:

Fabulous Bridal-Covington, Ky- A+ I got my dress here at a trunk show.  They were great, very knowledgeable.  I thought I knew what dress I wanted but my consultant put me in some dresses that I picked out and that she picked out and she was right!  I picked one of the dresses that she had pulled.  I got 10% off for the trunk show and 5% off for paying in full.  I would recommend them to anyone!  It is a drive but it is worth it.  They even gave us champagne when we picked the dress. A+

Linda Hine- Lewis Center, Oh- A+ She did a great job on the alterations on my dress.  Reasonably priced.  The bustle was a little confusing cause it had 17 points  but it was beautiful. A+

Giant Eagle- Market District- A+ Beautiful cake exactly what we wanted!  Pretty good price too!  Very tasty too!  Plus my mom was excited that she got to use her giant eagle card when she paid for it and she saved like $2 a gallon on gas! A+

Men’s Warehouse- Polaris- A+ We had no problems at all!  I was a little worried I have been to wedding before where they messed up sizes or didn’t give everyone the jewelry or whatever but they did great with ours.  Plus our wedding was on the biggest weekend of the year for proms, so they had a lot going on and they were perfect.  Plus we had a confusing wedding party, I had two male bridesmaids and they were wearing a different color then the groomsmen, my groom was in white along with the ringbearer and the fathers had a different vest and tie too and everything was right. A+

Charles Penzone- Dublin- Hair C- Make up A+ I was nt so happy with my hair.  My stylest said she wold do my hair and I could fall down stairs and it wasn’t going anywhere…. Well I did not fall down any stairs and it was flat by the wedding.  I have naturally curly hair and I had it put half up half down with lots of curls and they were flat before the ceremony.  It still looked ok but it was not what I was expecting.  I also had my make up air brushed on and it was worth every penny!  I have very oily skin and it was hot and I was sweating and my make up looked good all night long!  I was very please with my make up!  A+ for make up and C- for hair.

Comfort Suites- Hilliard- B-  They were very good and we received a free room for booking 15 rooms.  However they had an older man working the night of the wedding that tried to tell s we didn’t receive a free room because we had reserved a room for the night before and that was our free night, even though we did not reserve a room the night before or stay there.  It was all worked out but I was a little upset at the time and the guy was not nice.  Apparently they booked everyone who mentioned our wedding for the night before and the night of even if they did ask for it.  Hopefully they did not charge people for nights that they did not stay there but I have not heard from anyone that they did this so they get a B-

Homewood Suite, Hilliard-A  We didn’t stay there but we heard it was really nice and no one had any problems A

Cook’s Balloonery- Westerville- A  Cheap Helium tanks to fill up balloons for the balloon release. A

J.A.Y.S. Photography- Hilliard, A++  AMAZING!! Jaysphotography.net if you would like to view our pictures got to clients, Adam and Amy’s Wedding and the password is 51411.  They are NOT cheap but they are worth every penny.  It took me a very long time to pick my photographer and I am very happy with the results!  They are very good at the artistic and fun pictures!  Loved the pictures! A++

Matlack Photo- Delaware, A+++ This Is my uncle’s Photography Company.  Just so you know I did not use my uncle because I wanted him to have fun at the wedding (we are very close his kids were the flower girl and ring bearer), he did my cousins wedding and was running around taking pictures the whole time and he did not get to enjoy the wedding.  However he is an amazing uncle and he still took picture for me like he was my second photographer, but without all the stress of being the only one responsible for pictures.  To view his photos go to matlackphoto.com -Amy and Adams wedding with no password.  He is fabulous with detail shots, and the romantic stuff that you want to remember.  He took all the ceremony pictures from sitting in the second row (to respect the other photographers and not get in there way)!  Imagine how good he is when he is up moving around!  He is very reasonably priced, gives you a dvd of pictures and printing rights.  A+++

Makoy Center- Hilliard- A+++ AMAZING!!!  I could not have asked for a better ceremony and reception facility!  The transition from ceremony to reception is so smooth and flawless.  Christina was the one assigned to our wedding and she was fabulous.  I can’t say enough good things about her.  She came up and offered to go get me a drink because she saw that I had been talking, dancing, and too distracted to get a drink.  She paid attention to details, she kept us on track, helped to pack things and keep things organized.  When we came in from taking pictures she met us in the parking lot with water for me and A beer for Adam!  Loved her!  The food was amazing.  We got lots of complements on the whole place and the food.  We paid a small $50 fee for them to put up all our decorations (well worth it I would have paid 5x that).  The facility was amazing, the placement of decorations was amazing and they packed it all up at the end of the night.  The lighting was amazing (our DJ was really excited about the lighting).  I do not have one bad thing to say about them!  Probably the best vendor I had! A+++

Don McCann- Delaware- A++ He is a family friend and he was our DJ, he was amazing!  Loved him! A++

Sandals Grande- Ochos Rios, Jamaica- A++ Amazing!  Not one complaint!  I love the whole trip!  The food is amazing (14 restaurants), free drinks (try them all, there are so many good ones), beautiful weather, pools and landscapes.  We didn’t do the personal butler thing or the secluded room with private pool and we did not feel like we missed out on anything.  They did fun activities all day long, there was so much to do and we really enjoyed it.  We did the discover scuba diving which was an added cost and we had a blast ($80 each only for the class for uncertified divers).  Also we did the candle light dinner which was an added cost but well worth it($170)!  Candle light dinner on the pier by ourselves with a personal waiter.  Our other added cost was a catamaran trip to Dunns River Falls, snorkeling and a booze cruise($80 each).  I really recommend Dunns River Falls!  So much fun and so worth the money.  We also got a free $250 spa credit when we booked and we had a couple massages which was wonderful as well!  A++

Flowers on Springtree lane, Westerville-A+ Amazing!  Great price, beautiful flowers and awesome people!  Everything was beautiful! A+

Rev Eric Davidson- GreatOhioWeddings.com- A+ Loved him!  We got a lot of complements on him, that he was interesting and put on a very good ceremony.  Very good and good price, I would recommend him to anyone! A+

Old Bag of Nails, Hilliard- A+ rehearsal Dinner.  They had very good food, they were very accommodating, and the facility was very nice.  They don’t charge anything for room rental which is nice too! A+

Save the Dates- PioneerColor.com- A+ I was very happy with the magnet save the dates and we got a lot of complements on them as well.  Very nice product and worth the money.  I didn’t buy the inserts that hold the magnet in the envelope and I didn’t feel like we were missing anything, save some money and don’t buy them. 

Invitations, MagnetStreet.com – A+ Very nice and great price!  Sign up for their e-mails and wait till they have a good sale.  The best I saw was 33% off, we ended up getting ours for $150 off $500 or more.  We actually got extra of everything we ordered too which was nice for keepsakes.

Clix Photo Booth, Delaware- C- Overall they showed up, and they did what they were suppose to do but they were very rude to my guest and I would not recommend them to anyone.  They need to get out of the business, they actually told some of my guest that they were tired of doing this and thinking about getting out of the business.  They we mad at my little cousins ans said that they were in the booth too much…. Unlimited photos, I don’t know why they care.  They complained about being hungry and having a 2 hour drive home.  I am from Delaware it is a 45 min drive at most and they were welcome to have food from our buffet but they said they could leave the booth alone (there were 2 of them).  They were rude to a lot of my guest and I would recommend they get out of the business and that NOBODY use them, plus the booth was kind of small.  I am happy that I got my cd of picture and my guest loved the photo booth and getting the pictures.  Use another company. C- EDIT- I recieve a phone call from the company today and they were very uspset that this happened.  They did tell me that the 2 that were at my wedding are no longer working there, they recently quit.  They were very upset to hear how rude they were to us.  I was under the impression that the 2 working at my wedding, owned the company that is why I said do not use them.  However they have lots of people working for them I just happened to get the two that were getting tired of it and ready to quit.  The company was very fast to get the dvd of pictures back to me.  When we got back from the honeymoon they were in out mail box.  I am very impressed that the company called to apologize, they could have just pretended it didnt happen because I never actually complained to them.  I have changed my opinion on them they were very professional and cared about the reputation of their company, I would recomend them. B+ 

Programs- Etsy.com seller SondrasInk- C- SLOW!!!!  I ordered and paid 6 or 7 weeks before the wedding.  Waited 2 weeks for a proof, e-mailed her she gave me an excuse of school so I said that’s fine just get me a proof soon, 2 more weeks go by nothing, I e-mailed her again and she says oops I thought I sent it too you.  I had her make a few changes and I got the changed proof back 2 days later.  Then nothing for a while.  A week and a half before the wedding I e-mail her once a day and never got a response.  I then decided that they were not coming and I just had to get use to it that I was not going to have programs.  They finally arrived 2 days before the wedding.  They were ok.  They were half the size that I thought they would be and the cuts were not the same on everyone one, so they varied in size a little.  I feel lke I over paid for what I got.  I think I could have made better ones myself but that’s ok you live and you learn. I do not recommend this seller to anyone unless you want added stress to your wedding.  She was about my one and only stress of the wedding. C-

Westie Productions, Mount Vernon- A+  I have not received the final product yet but I was very happy with them at the wedding.  They showed up at 9am to the hair salon and they probably stayed till 9 or 10pm.  Amazing professional, they got all the aspects that I wanted and even more.  I am very happy with them even without the final product.  Very good and very good price! A+

OrientalTrading.com- A  I got a lot of gifts, and little detail items from this website.  They always have coupon codes for money off, or a percentage off and free shipping.  They have very good prices and very good customer service.  Sometimes you may get a slightly defective item all you have to do is call them and they will fix it and more. A

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the reviews! glad to hear your day was wonderful!
  • Options
    itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind telling me who your stylist was at Charles Penzone Dublin? I was planning to go there and got a few recommendations on stylists; just want to make sure I can trust them. I don't know if it's rude to out someone so publicly, so feel free to PM me. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi I was actually wondering if the alternations Linda Hine has a phone number or email address that I can contact her at, because as of now I am going to daivds bridal and I have heard horror stories about them and I dont want to pay and arm and leg for alternations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Itsallnice421 I PM'd you!

Kelly ray2007 Linda Hine was awesome her contact info is: phone number 740-548-4628 website www.sewperfectforyou.com/" target="_blank">www.sewperfectforyou.com and email address linda@sewperfectforyou.com.  Just so you have an idea I had my dress hemed ($135) and the bustle done (which was 17 points) she charges per point and each one cost $7 ($119) so the total was $271.14 with tax and we did it all in 3 appointments. I would really recommend her, I have never heard a bad thing about her and I have no bad things to say about her!
  • Options
    Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Your photos are beautiful!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards