April 2013 Weddings

Dress Shopping!?!

Has anyone found the dress or been dress shopping yet?!?! I think I am going to go with my mom and sisters during there April vacation. (my sister is a teacher) so i figured if we went on a friday it wouldn't be so crazy in a bridal shop. I called some places and they suggested to start the end of april early may because thats when they get new dresses in. I am a little nervous to start shopping and afraid that i won't know its the one!! anyone else feeling this way!?!
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Dress Shopping!?!

• I am going dress shopping on the 19th of this month. A few years ago, I was in a wedding and went in a DB store to pick up my bridesmaids dress. On display was the most beautiful wedding dress I had ever seen. It was amazing. I took a picture of it and miraculously the store still has it.

That will be the first dress I try on. I am freaking myself out because WHAT IF I don't like it on. What the heck am I going to wear? What if the style I like looks bad on me?

I am also worried that I won't know which dress is 'the one'. I am a very indecisive person; especially when it comes to big decisions and picking the dress (to me) is the hardest one to make.

But I think that everything will work out and we will all be so beautiful!!
  • I think I am going to start looking in April, but I'm already pretty dead set on getting a lacey dress with a keyhole back. I have been in love with this style for years. My mom said I'm not allowed to try that kind on first, because if I decide on the first dress, whats the fun in that? I'm also nervous that after setting my mind on this style for so long, its not going to work for me =/
  • I will also be going shopping in April/May for dresses.  I am also waiting for the new styles to come out and I can't wait to go.  I admit that I have had my moments of panicking about it, but I am trying to stay calm and just enjoy the fun I will have with my Mom and my Grandmother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to wait until the spring as well...but there's a dress I saw that I loved last year and still do and I really want to try THAT one on sooner rather than later!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • i went today...just for fun but to get an idea of what looks good on me...its true what they say..what you think might look good on you doesnt..and sometimes what you thought you would like you dont...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my dress a few months ago.. :) Was suuuch an amazing deal, on sale, with a coupon, so dress + bolero jacket = $250!!! :D  

What helped me was to try on EVERYTHING :) I was surprised about how I look in things that I didn't like on the rack!  They were the "humor" dresses. I eventually bought  my dream dress that I found in the baaaack of the rack, on sale :) Good luck everyone!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:6e901458-1a4e-428e-b39b-df81a7a30968Post:fc02af15-213e-4e40-90b6-a4da9ac5592a">Re: Dress Shopping!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my dress a few months ago.. :) Was suuuch an amazing deal, on sale, with a coupon, so dress + bolero jacket = $250!!! :D   What helped me was to try on EVERYTHING :) I was surprised about how I look in things that I didn't like on the rack!  They were the "humor" dresses. I eventually bought  my dream dress that I found in the baaaack of the rack, on sale :) Good luck everyone!!!
    Posted by jenpiglet17[/QUOTE]

Congrats!!!! Do you have any pics of you in the dress?? I can't wait to go, I am also going to go in with an open mind and try on everything. I get the magazines and mark pages of dresses my eyes go towards but I have no idea and almost doubt they will look good on me! My mom seems to think I am going to drive myself nutz doing this! I love the more fitted dresses, but more recently am having a feel for the the lace dresses with the keyhole back. I guess we will only know when I go in April!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just went on Monday (I had also gone to two other shops prior to that), and I think I may have found THE dress...haven't bought just yet but I love it! I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted going in, but I agree that it is important to keep an open mind because you never know what you might like on you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been to two different Bridal Salons DB and Alfred Angelo. I have had two different experiences at both. Alfred Angelo welcomed me with open arms and great customer service. DB on the other hand I had to go to twice. The first occasion the lady seemed almost discrimatory by only showing me two dresses and what she said about the price like I couldnt afford it. The second time another consultant helped me and it was a totally different experience. I got to try on multiple dresses and found my gown,but I didnt like how I was treated.
  • i went a month ago with my MOH & BM, i didnt think i was going to get anything and just browse but i tried on this dress which was LITERALLY what i had always pictured myself in so i just got it. its from last season but i didnt care, i loved it & i wanted to make sure that the designer didnt stop carrying that specific dress so i ended up putting the deposit down on the dress that day. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards