April 2013 Weddings

Where to do engagement photos

FI and I are planning on scheduling our engagment photos sometime in mid October (when the leaves turn) and are conflicted on where.

Option 1: Central Park, Bethesda Fountain Area
The pros: our photographer has shot here before, it's very classic New York, I feel like we would get a greater variety of shots with the fountain, lake, bridges, trees. 

The cons: it's about a 45minute - an hour walk for us with our dog, she's pretty lazy and will get tired by the time we get there, it could be pretty crowded and people will stare when they see a photographer which would make me self conscious

Option 2:Carl Schuz Park
Pros: It's a 5 minute walk with the dog so she'd still have energy, it's where we usually take her and hang out so it's more setimental, depending on the weather and time of day it could be as crowded as Central Park or pretty empty but there'd definitely be fewer tourists so less gawking, it's pretty, on river and has views of 2 bridges and some nice looking staircases

Cons: Crowds are hit or miss, photographer has never been there, our usual dog park is there so our dog would be more distracted and less tired out.

What do you guys think? 
Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where to do engagement photos

• That's a tough one since I know absolutely nothing about you or New York. :) Does either park resonate with you two particularly well? Just because you're from/living in NY doesn't mean you have to use Central Park.

If you're considering only those two places, you could maybe do both? If your normal park is closeby, get some shots with the puppies and then if you want some of the more romantic and New York feeling photos, take a trip to Central Park.

Are you looking to use these pics for anything in particular? Save the Dates? Christmas cards? etc? What vibe are you going for?

Personally, I really am not a crowd person and am not the best in front of a camera either. We actually just got our e-pics done this morning and I'm glad that there were few people out and about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • No they aren't close enough to use both, we only have an hour. I should probably post this on my local board but it's very quiet over there.

FI hates getting his picture taken, we only have 10 nice pictures of us together and we've been together over 5 years so I'm milking this for all it's worth.  Our wedding photos are going to be in the streets in an artsy area so I want something different than that which both locations are.
  • Do you *have* to walk? I am just thinking about the weather. Even if it is windy, a 45 minute walk could give you some crazy hair, ya know?

• I'm not too worried about my hair, it's stick straight and likes to stay that way. If anything wind would give me a nice little poof of volume for all of ten minutes. We'd have to reserve a pet taxi since our dog is too big for public transit, which is only $30 but is still another thing to coordinate. I think this is all coming down to whether it's better to have more iconically New York pictures or the more sentimental spot. Hmmm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards