Louisiana-New Orleans

HAIR AND MAKEUP EMERGENCY!!!!

Okay....

So I booked a company for my hair and make up for my wedding. I went for a trial run and was very unhappy with my hair.

I am currently booked with them for my bridal portraits for hair and make up and they assure me that I will not leave unhappy that day.

I'm very nervous and my wedding is fast approaching (November 20th!). I am already looking into back up plans for hair and make up if I'm still unhappy after my next trial.

Please give me any and all suggestions you have for wedding day hair and airbrush make up. I need a team that is capable of doing at least 10 girls.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Amy

Re: HAIR AND MAKEUP EMERGENCY!!!!

• hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh please let us know who it is - I am worried! PM me if you would rather! I haven't used anyone yet, so sorry I can't help more! Go check on wedding channel for reviews...
  • edited December 2011
    Try Kiss and Make-Up. I really liked them!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Kenner/KISS-and-MAKEUP-on-location-beauty-services/257649221705?ref=ts
  • edited December 2011
    I used Flawless Bride for hair and makeup and they were amazing.  They were early and had me and all of my girls done much earlier than we had planned so we had more time for pictures! I can't wait to use them again in the future bc they were so easy to work with.
  • lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! I bet it was Get Polished that did that to u...they made me look like I was on the Jersey Shore. Cry  I told them to keep the deposit for the wedding & had an awesome trial with Jessica @ Just Face It Beauty. Give her a try.
  • MaddyA0710MaddyA0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If its Get Polished you are talking about - please dont let them "assure" you that you will be happy on your wedding day. This is what emily said to me after my awful trial. She assured me that things would be under control on my wedding day and they were in a rush during my trial which is "so unlike them". My wedding day makeup/hair was  a bit less of a disaster but not by much. Book new people stat. Im annoyed that Get Polished continues to get business despite how terribly they treat their clients.

• edited December 2011
    Of course a company will try to assure you things will be better on your wedding day.  They aren't going to say "we are completely unorganized and you cant trust us" because they will lose your business.  I would NEVER take that risk for my wedding. I mean, they are in control of what you look like.  Too risky.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Tracy418Tracy418 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used Make Me Up and was very pleased with them, for both my trial and wedding day. I also heard great things about GWEN with SWAK - i initially wanted to hire her but was unable to due to her already being booked.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy to report I had another hair trial yesterday with a new girl and it was FABULOUS!!!!

Thank you for all the moral support! I dumped the "other company" on the spot!
  • dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my trial hair and makeup yesterday and was very pleased.  I used Andrea Arcuri at Salon Diversions in the FQ.  I'm a destination bride and found Drea's name on the Martha Stewart website for NOLA featured weddings. 

http://www.salondiversions.com/
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • edited December 2011
    Sandra Dugas at Dugas Hair Designs did my hair & makeup for the last few weddings I've been in. She's really sweet, very reasonably priced, and she's my future mother-in-law's best friend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards