Louisiana-New Orleans

JACKSON SQUARE

FI & I wanted to take our e-pictures in Jackson Square, but really don't want to add extra cost to our budget.  I heard this on New Orleans Weddings Magazine's website:TWiW Episode 16: Jackson Square Policy Source: www.thisweekinweddings.com This week Amanda, Jeff and Rachael discus the Jackson Square Photography Policy for bridal parties having pictures taken in the park.Has anyone had to pay the fee?  If not, did you have any problems?  

Re: JACKSON SQUARE

• edited December 2011
    I have not, and I wonder since we happen to be paying for a wedding in Jackson Square Park, if somehow that is counted in there.  I will call tomorrow- thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the cathedral and they did mention a fee if we wanted Jackson Square park to be lef open past the time that it usually is for our photos (night wedding so we would pay a security guard to stand at the one unlocked door and only allow us in there).  I would think that the fee is more for situations like that...now e pics or other times when the park is open to the public.  We're doing our epics on Nov. 12 and plan to do some in the park so I'll find out for sure then.
  • edited December 2011
    We did some of our engagement pictures in Jackson Square, and we did not have to pay anything, and we did not have any problems. I think this is more geared towards entire bridal parties, and having the area semi-private for your formal pictures. If you are just doing engagement pics, you should be fine, since it is an area open to the public. Your photographer will just shoot around all the tourists :)
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    we took some of our e-pics at jackson square too. The only issue we had was that the park was closing just as we were snapping our last shots ( I think that must have been around 7pm as the sun was just setting).  Definitely no fee or anything though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards