Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

31 days to go..and I feel like crying!!

If I had known a year ago when I first started planning my destination wedding in NOLA that it was going to be this stressful, I would not have done it. I'm 31 days away from my wedding and everything is a struggle. When I first met with the vendors, everyone was so accommadating, now that all contracts have been signed, deposits made, and we are in the final stretch, all of a sudden I'm finding out about  'policies" ...no I can't have the floor plan as I want, no I can't have rose petals on the tables, no I can't have  the dance floor in the same room as the dinner tables...the list goes on. Had I known about all these "NOs" , I would have said no to a destination wedding. Not to mention everyone takes at least a week to respond to emails or rushes you off the phone. 
At this point, I'm just looking forward to the day after my wedding so it can be over and I don't have to worry about it.
To any brides planning detination weddings in NOLA, I would recommend hiring a planner so you can enjoy the planning process. 

Re: 31 days to go..and I feel like crying!!

• Options
    Wow.  That's terrible.  Sorry to hear things have gone so bad.  I just hired my planner this morning and all I can say is what a relief!  Maybe you should get one for this last little bit so you can enjoy your self and not be so stressed out?
  • Options
    I agree with Chrissy. No need to pull your hair out! There are planners available who will custom packages to your needs (month of planning, week of planning, day of planning, etc), I would recommend at least looking into that as an option.

And I'm so so sorry to hear that. I feel as though I have encountered a few of those "switch-a-roos" that you alluded to (claim one thing is possible on booking, but when it comes down to it, you actually can't get it) and while fortunately mine have been more minor than yours by the sound of it, I can feel your pain. I'm sure you have been doing this, but try pushing back  little. Mention what they agreed to when you signed those contracts, and even forward emails yall have exchanged before. I had to do this with catering because I added something a year after booking, and they were going to charge me the *new* price, not the price they quoted me when I signed. 

Hang in there! I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful no matter what! Pour yourself a glass of wine and take the night off, sounds like you need it!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I had a glass of wine last night and went to bed. I'm feeling a little better and I'm ready to face the issues. BTW, I did hire a planner for the week of, so I'm patiently waiting for that week to come so she can take over :)
  • Options
    Can you reach out to her now and let her know you need some help with vendors now? It seems a coordinator would want to be aware of issues that she is likely going to have to be dealing with anyways, and she might look at it is an opportunity to minimize the mess she has to clean up later at the last minute. It might be worth a try and could reduce your stress level a bunch. Let us know if there are specific problems we can help give you advice on, etc. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And sometimes you may have to be stern and business minded with some of the vendors. It's easier for them to disregard you and say "no" when you're an OOT bride and not in their offices with your requests. You did the right thing by hiring a planner. A month-of planner would have been good. I agrue with NO2012, reach out to your planner and see if she can start earlier. Hang in there and don't let it overshadow the excitement that you should be experiencing. Remember....you're getting married!!! Whoo-hoo! : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards