Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

St John the Baptist Church

Has anyone had their wedding or been to a wedding at st john the baptist church?  I went to view it the other day and I was concerned about the air condition and the sound system in the church.  I think its a pretty church I just don't know how the atmosphere will be.  Please i need some help!

Re: St John the Baptist Church

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents got married there and it is so beautiful.  I would ask if you could hear how the music will sound before booking it.  I was able to hear the organ and singer for my ceremony and how it sounded in my church.  Also, ask the coordinator at the church or the priest about the air condition.  They should be able to turn the air on early on the day of the wedding so that is nice and cool.  Depending on when your getting though..you may not need air condition if your getting married in the winter.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am having my wedding there and have also been to a wedding there! it's gorgeous and the sound and air was perfect!  you have to book a trumpet player!! the acoustics in the church are amazing! If you do sign a contract with them don't bother emailing the organist (you can only use their organist) because he never checks it. the best way to get in contact with him is by phone. my biggest issue was the mission across the street and the homeless underneath the bridge. after i went to a wedding there it wasn't an issue though. the entire parking lot is gated off, you have police detail, and everyone is in and out really quick anyway. good luck and i hope you love it as much as me and my future hubby do!
  • Options
    trarcenetrarcene member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    thank you for your post it really helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards