Louisiana-New Orleans

Cake Ideas-

What do you prefer? Fondant or Icing? They can both be made beautiful...

Re: Cake Ideas-

• I like the Iced cakes. Cutting fondant is a little easier than cutting a car tire.  And it tastes about like a rubberband dipped in sugar water.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_cake-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:d39b676d-7f99-4529-acf3-4e35f2c7c742Post:9c4825a9-d56c-4d23-98aa-1b5fe11b9166">Re: Cake Ideas-</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the Iced cakes. Cutting fondant is a little easier than cutting a car tire.  And it tastes about like a rubberband dipped in sugar water.
    Posted by jeangirl44[/QUOTE]

All of this! Fondant may be pretty to look at, but I think it leaves the cake drier and you don't get much frosting after you pick off all the fondant before you can eat your piece. I also think that iced cakes can be just as beautiful as fondant and cheaper.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Iced tastes MUCH better!

The fondant is very nasty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I saw a wedding cake have the icing slide off of the sides, and have to be reiced, but they pulled it off. The cake travelled about a half an hour, and that and the summer took its toll ...
  • edited January 2012

I have never tasted fondant, but I have heard from everyone that it looks pretty but tastes bad. I would rather have a cake that people would actually eat than talk about how bad it tastes.  #Team Icing all the way!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ICING! with a mosaic of dark chocolate pieces around it...
  • Icing. Buttercream icing, when done right, can look just as sleek and smooth as fondant. Granted, it can't be rolled, etc, but it doesn't have to be a mess either. Some of the prettiest cakes I've seen were actually frosted with buttercream icing.
  • Ditto buttercream icing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    icing, i had a fondant cake at a baby shower.....gag alert and i love cake
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Iced all the way. Fondant tastes like crap and isn't worth the extra money.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards