Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Farm/Barn Wedding

Hi everyone,I am so excited, it's ridiculous! My boyfriend of 4 years just proposed to me and I'm still flying over the moon. Literally. It's only been 3 days and I
ve already made up my guest list, and am looking for places to get married at... We haven't set a date yet, I'm hoping that we can get married next Spring/Summer... I'm really leaning towards a Summer wedding. 

I was wondering if anyone knew of any local rustic barns/pieces of property in Maryland... I just have this vision of doing my wedding in a Barn somewhere, I'm not into a lot of fancy frills, well, not at the moment.... but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

xoxo dani

p.s. We're thinking of inviting about 56 families totaling to about 130 people, there are a lot of children in our families.

x-posted to the Maryland Forum
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Farm/Barn Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no suggestions but I wanted to say congratulations! I was super excited to plan when I first got engaged in April but I've since slowed down (wedding not until next summer). You ideas sound like they'll be really fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Not sure of any specific places, but I know that Harford County and Carroll County are areas with a lot of farms, so it may be a great place to start your search...good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JennigoesUSAJennigoesUSA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Ostertag Vistas in Myersville near Frederick

http://www.hagerstownmagazine.com/articleDetail.aspx?id=1300

It is a german owned barn, super nice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your input, your suggestions have been very helpful. 

-Dani
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you thought about doing a vineyard wedding, and they do have that farm look to them. We visited Linganore Winery http://www.linganore-wine.com/ in Mt Airy and its absolutely beautiful out there! And the reception area sort of has a barn type feel to it, very rustic. Plus there is Swan Harbor Farm http://www.swanharborfarm.org/ in Havre de Grace which was too far for us to have our wedding but I've heard nothing but good things about that place.
    Sept 2011 Signature Challenge

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was going to suggest Liganore winery as well.  Friends got married there outside last yr and the views are breathtaking.  Their recpetion was in a barn and it was so nice...one of the prettiest weddings I've been too...I would check that out.  I also think there's a place in Har Co Rockfield Manor....never been but the pics look like there's a farm and it seems inexpensive

• Options
    fairymegfairymeg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! We are using Morninside Inn Bed and Breakfast in Frederick. It's an old horse farm that has been converted, and the grounds are GORGEOUS. www.morningside-inn.com

Lots of rustic picture opps here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not in Maryland, but if you're in Harford County or northern Baltimore County then Landis Valley Museum's yellow barn in Lancaster is probably just as close as a lot of places in Western MD. 

The Duke Farm in Fawn Grove (York County) also has a barn.
  • Options
    @knotporscha - vendor on board and zombie thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards