• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Missouri-St Louis

The Conservatory in St. Charles

Has any had any experience, good or bad, with this venue? From the pictures it looks gorgeous & the packages are reasonable! Or if you have any other suggestions for ceremony venues, we are open for ideas!

Thanks a bunch!
Robyn Marie

Brower-To-Be

Re: The Conservatory in St. Charles

• edited December 2011
    I've never actually been inside there but from the outside it's gorgeous.  My daughter was going to look there but it won't hold enough.  And a bonus is it's right by the river so there are great photo ops all around.
    I'm the mother of a beautiful bride to be!
  • edited December 2011
    That is what we were thinking! We are looking at a March wedding & so with never knowing what the weather will be in good ol' St. Louis (lol) the "indoor garden" is very appealing to us. Did your daughter have any other gripes about the place, other than lack of space?
    Brower-To-Be
  • edited December 2011
    No complaints but she never really looked at it since it wasn't big enough.  I've seen it just from walking by and it looks great.  She isn't getting married until 2013 so we really haven't been looking any where yet. We'll start that when she comes home for Christmas break.  I love the idea of the indoor garden and your right since you never know about the weather in March in Stl or anytime of year for that matter I think protection from the elements is good.  
    Good luck!!
    I'm the mother of a beautiful bride to be!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!  I got married there on September 18 and I loved the way it turned out.  I got a ton of compliments from guests on picking such a creative and beautiful place to get married.  We only had around 50 guests, so it was perfect.  Everybody had plenty of space, but the place didn't feel empty. 

Here are a few of my personal pics taken there:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!  :)

ETA:  It does only hold 100 guests, and be warned that the only bathrooms for the guests are located in the bride and groom's dressing rooms.   When I was getting ready, guests kept wandering in to use the restroom.  We finally started shooing them away.  But I figured that was worth it for the beauty of the place.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Beautiful place and the people are unbelievable to work with.  No matter the time of year because the inside is climate controlled.  The garden areas are amazing for photos.  If you are going small scale, I don't think it can be beat for an outdoor look, but with the security of indoors.

Just so quaint.  Do not try to fit more guests than it holds comfortably.

Lovely images GreenEire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards