Michigan-Detroit

Vibes needed.

Yesterday I was laid off. In addition the house we have a bid on was also approved. Too bad I can't get a mortgage now.

This basically destroys my world. We can no longer afford the wedding or get the mortgage for the house.

:(

Re: Vibes needed.

• lola-belle77lola-belle77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that you were laid off.  I am sending you vibes and will pray for you.  I wish that I had some good advice to offer but Good Luck and hopefully you can find a new job soon.
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks! One good thing is that you didn;t get laid off after closing. Could be worse but it must be heart breaking :( That said...sending some vibes your way!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that this is happening.  I know how crushing it is to get laid off, especially while you're house hunting.

What kind of work are you in?  I will keep an eye open for anything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I am so sorry! Tons of vibes going your way. I really really hope that it ends up ok and you can keep going with your plans!
  • edited December 2011
    This exact thing happened to me. We put a bid in on a house on a Thursday. That Monday I was laid off. It sucks. I thought the world was crashing down on me. Luckily, the bid was not approved and they counter-offered, but still. I know you will get through it. It's very tough, but you've got to stay strong! Good luck in the job hunt. Things are getting better out there (which I have yet to see the results of because I am still jobless). But good things come to those who wait :)
  • tanyanicole1tanyanicole1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to believe that everything comes around again.
    maybe you'll win your wedding, do you know that The Barrister Gardens in St.clair Shores is givng away a $20,000 wedding tommorow including everything? and someone there will win.
    Maybe it well be you! look at the odds, maybe they;ll be 300 brides, why not try?You don't even have to dive into a cake or anything! Someone has to win.
     Believe in yourself. Try to have faith. Get your name out there to everyone you know with a resume.
    Remember, that truly loyal employees that care about giving back to a company are had to find. So, every interview you go on...tell them what you can do to help them. an know exactly what they do, and what you can do to benefit them. not the other way around. Oh, and be enthusiastic!
    sometimes things come around again in such a different way.
    II wish you the best. Hang on!
  • whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! My heart goes out to you. Keeping you in my T&P that the situation gets better quickly!!
    imageimage
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes :( sorry to hear. i'll keep you in my prayers. good luck. don't give up hope!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I'm going back into the job hunt on Monday. We haven't decided anything except that we're using my severance (2 weeks pay equivilant) to go on a vacay because I truly deserve it.

Other than that, no decision has been made. We are hoping I'll land a full time job and get still get the house but no clue if that will actually happen.

I have a BA in English with experience (internship) in Public Relations. I have an MA in teaching with 1.5 years of teaching high school experience and 3 years of subbing. I also have 1 year of Data Entry experience and extreme computer skills :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards