Michigan-Detroit
Options

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    wetz4975wetz4975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sick of this wedding planning. I'm ready to just elope and not even have a reception. The RSVPs are due this Friday and we still are missing more then half the peoples replys.
    FIs mom called the other day and started telling FI all the people from his side that are coming or not coming and he said that she was just telling him to make him aware of it. I told him that I'm not going to take her word as thier RSVPs because I want to make sure that they have a plate if they are coming. Well he told me that his mom was just saying it as an FYI but guess what....she called last night and started telling him again who was coming and who wasnt and he took it as they replys. I TOLD YOU SO. I have had enough. He hasn't helped with the planning and I'm done with it. I told him he has the rest of the planning to figure out and get done.
    I'm stressed out and don't want to think about the wedding anymore till its the day.
    I have a short temper when it comes to lazy, unresponsible people. Why can't people follow a simple instruction.
    Sorry so long but had to get it out.

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I feel for you. This Saturday was our "due by date" and I still have a couple outstanding (but then we only invited 100).

- are the RSVP's going to your mother in law's house?
    - Is she being snotty about this or just informing?

If they are going to her house, and she lives within a reasonable distance, I'd take my master invitation list/spreadsheet to her house and sit with her and check off all the responses. If she's in charge of this and appears to be unstable or unreasonable about it, then you need to have a talk with her (or your fiance does) indicating this is a VERY important part of the process, and checking off names may be tedious, but it's necessary. We all have to do it. I'm hoping for your sake she's saved all the RSVP responses so you are getting a true picture.

Relax. Your day is almost here. It does get challenging the closer it gets with keeping emotions in check, but since it is so close, most of your planning is done, it's just firming up the details.

good luck.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    vent: i took a week off work and now i am wishing i didnt, my head hurts from the mess here. is it friday yet?
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    My vent is that I got into it with my dad last night and I figured it was better to leave the house and cool off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NWR: I am pretty much freaking out over my tax final next week. It's my last and hardest exam. My brain just won't retain it. Its one of the most intimidating classes (its reputation precedes it),and of course it's standing in the way of me enjoying the week before my wedding.

Oh well, failing is not an option and I can't not take it so.. back to the grind!. Wish me luck!

Yes and the wedding?.. SO over it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a complete stress ball. My future in laws are coming to stay with us tomorrow night for 4 nights and I have so much to do. Fi thought I had last night to work around the house but little did he know I had my boudoir photos. So with all the stress I had to lie to him which stressed me out even more. Tonight I have an appointment to try on dresses. tThen I have to clean my house, Make mini cheesecakes, prep the rib dinner I am making tomorrow, and get my car cleaned out.

To top that all off my tabs on my car have been expired for two months because I never got anything in the mail and forgot about them, and I left the priest a message on Friday and he has yet to call me back.

This week has been so slow at work so I just sit here thinking about everything i need to do. It is making me crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wetz4975wetz4975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue-n-Kevin ---
    FI and I are taking care of all the RSVPs. Non of the family is involved with the planning of the wedding because we are taking care of everything, even money ourselves.
    FMIL isn't being snotty about it but I know if it was my side of the family calling my mom to tell us that they aren't/are coming she would tell them to call us. But then again my family is really close and we keep in touch, where FI side is not very close and some of the people he invited he has talked to in a couple years or longer.
    Our RSVps aren't the traditional kind in where they send something back. We gave them our cell numbers and the e-mail address so they can either call either FI or I or they can e-mail their responses in.
    I just dont understand and I'm getting frustrated.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My scales are growing. The ugly bride-zilla horns arrived last weekend and I expect to be breathing fire by Friday. Up until a month ago everything was fine – but now I’ve turned into a total B and I don’t like it. I don’t like wedding-Rachael. I don’t like that I practically threw a kitchen chair because FMIL wanted to change the favors and FI wanted to change who is riding in the limo. Well, I didn’t really throw the chair; I knocked it over because I stood up so fast. But still, this is not normal. I don’t understand why everything is making me upset. I want my life back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS - LOTON, I had expired tabs and got a $200 ticket because of it. I didn't even realize they were expired until the cop told me why I got pulled over. He didn't buy my "I seriously didn't know" excuse :(
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Confession-My last day working at my current job is on friday, and I have called in the past two days. They aren't giving me my banked vacation days, so I figured, i might as well have a few paid days off. :)

Vent-FH is getting a new car. I'm REALLY excited, because we have been carpooling since October, and since I am getting a new job, the car pooling isnt going to work out anymore. We were just going to buy a cheap car, and be done with it, then his buddy's mom offered for us to buy her car, and just make payments on it. It's an excellent car, in excellent shape but i hate the fact of having to make payments on something else, especially right before the wedding. We don''t have alot to pay for still..just alot of small things that are adding up fast.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent - Really hating FI's reduced hours.  It is cutting into the savings funds for the wedding.  We have been discussing our options if this lasts more then a month (his company hopes after a month they can bring him back up to a full 5 days a week).  So we narrowed it down to cutting the ceremony location in the front lobby of Arnaldo's and moving it to the reception room.  And possibly skipping the honeymoon.  No decisions made yet, but starting to brace ourselves in case we have to cut things.  I am really mad at his company.  They kept telling him how great he was and that they wanted to bring him on full time.  They even had a company wide meeting to say how the company was doing well and everyone was going to get a bonus check.  2 hours after the meeting he got his hours cut!!  He is only working 3 days a week!  That's a 40% pay decrease!!!!  WTH?!!?  I am going to pissed about this until his hours go back to full time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today's my birthday (Wooooo! 21!) and Dan was going to surprise me with something that we can no longer do because of the rain (but he won't tell me what it was because we'll still do it another day, I guess) and I'm a little aggravated because he didn't/doesn't have a back up plan. I have to work until 7 and so I guess we'll just go out to dinner & drinks with friends, which I'm totally okay with (11.5 hour work day means I'll be pooped) but I'm a little bothered that he didn't have a plan...

...which makes me really anxious about Sunday, my first shower, because it's being held outside of his Aunt's house and she does NOT have enough space to accomodate people INSIDE and according to weather.com there's going to be isolated t-storms (as of today because when I checked YESTERDAY the skies were going to be clear on Sunday!) and I'm just annoyed that they (his family that's putting it together) don't have a back up plan. They live about half a mile away from a Lion's Club, and I'm sure there's probably a cost to renting the place out, but still. I don't want to stress out about it but I am! Grrr...
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a really frustrating week for me.  I'm not sleeping that much so I'm exhausted and everything seems to be bad news. 

Ants keep appearing everywhere in my house and yesterday instead of attempting to catch up on sleep my FI and I sprayed around our entire house and then we cleaned out all our cabinets and wiped them down and we have a number of ant traps around the house.

Work sucks this week.  I'm so tired of reading papers and my eyes just about giving out from all the text.  Then there is looking at MRIs and analyzing them... not fun at all and I keep having to analyze more regions. 

Yesterday I also came to the conclusion that I shouldn't be buying new scuba diving gear.  Apparently with all the uncertainty about what is going on with my heart issues I could die even under normal diving conditions (from what they have found).  Since I can't dive that also means I have to quit my job at the dive shop and lose the extra income. 
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh Megan that sucks i just knew you were home sleeping good. ants are trying to get out of the heat and rain so they are coming inside for refuge hopefully the traps will work bugs freak me out so i feel you 100%

Sucks about the scuba job. Heart problems suck major I work at the heart association so I hear the stores daily but you will be fine I am s very optimistic about advances and changes.

Happy birthday Milsey enjoy your 21st!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a feeling this one could be long today, it's been one of those weeks.

Vents: I'm so stressed over wedding details and small things are getting to be big things that need to be done NOW.  I e-mailed the limo company for the 3rd time bascically saying, do you want my business or not because I'm trying to signa  contract and send you a check.  He said yes and asked for my phone number, have not heard from him yet.  This was over the weekend.  I'm also upset that both the hair and make-up people, seperate companies will not get back to me.  These are things I really need booked now. 

I Confess: That I am terrible when I drink and do not know when to stop.  I was giggly and talkative last night and then 5 minutes later turned into a crazy person.  I wish there was a warning sign.  I also confess that I really don't like FI's BM/BFF.  He's always been a jerk, almost got himself and my younger brother in trouble last summer and I can't get past that.  He is the only person who is not supportive of our relationship and I am incredibly uncomfortable letting him stand next to us as we get married.  FI swears that he approves and is happy for us.  He will be in town this weekend staying with us and I am not thrilled.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

VENT (i guess): I haven't been really able to eat and my stomach is in knots right now!!! I'm so anxious about this weekend!  I'm going out to dinner with my dad and his family (who i haven't seen since I was 12) tonight and I'm so worried I'm probably going to have a bunch of sangria to calm my nerves (there's my confession).  I'm so excited for saturday but I'm also sooooo worried things won't turn out right!!

August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday, Milsey! 

Confess: I am so completely uninterested in the wedding right now, and I don't have that luxury.  We moved into our new apartment on Monday, and it is beautiful.  We have a new dining set, central air, and I was able to take a bath yesterday for the first time in four years (only had a shower in the last place).  I'm so amazingly happy.  But now all I want to do is unpack everything, re-arrange the furniture 400 times, create an entirely new organizational system that encompasses both my possessions and FI's, and - oh yeah - spend some actual time with him that doesn't involve both of us having an armload of box. 

That said, I can't.  I have to do wedding DIY-ing.  :P  So unmotivated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update:  NOW I have a vent.  FI's job today (before going to his actual job this afternoon) was to pick up the furniture that his parents are giving us (bureau, coffee table and loveseat), which are being stored in his brother's basement.  Brother has known for two weeks now that we are moving this week.  He also knows that FI is going to Portland on Thursday for a week-long job interview.  If we don't get the furniture now, I am perching on cardboard boxes and digging through garbage bags for my favorite sweater for the next week and  a half (my bad back prevents me from helping in the furniture-moving process).

This weekend, he finally got around to telling us that his only day off this week is Wednesday.  Fine, we say, we'll come Wednesday.  He says he has to get back to us.  He never does.  I go off to work this morning, thinking that I'll have a house full of furniture when I come home.  Instead, FI just informed me that his brother called him and told him that he couldn't get a babysitter and can't do it today.

I know that it's his only day off this week.  But he's had tons of advance warning and knows the time frame on this.  I also know that I have no children and am rather insensitive/uninformed about the complicated needs of parents.  But the child is 12 months.  Put her in the freaking crib for 5 minutes and help your brother put a coffee table in the truck.  We're not even asking you to come along and unload it.  Just please grace us with 5 minutes of your freaking time, so that I don't have to sit on the floor for the next week.  Oh.   Guess not.  Thankssoverymuch.  />:(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I am frustrated that because I haven't been employed in 21+ years (not by my choice mind you) that I cannot even find a part time job.

I want to help out with the wedding expenses and I don't expect Dan to foot the bill and I honestly don't know how much either of our parents will be able to contribute....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! And after working 11.5 hours, going out to dinner with Dan and just relaxing was just what I needed so it was wonderful [:

(But I've now been out twice and not carded either times! - the first time we even said it was my 21st! Oh well.. it'll be more exciting if my new ID comes today)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards