Michigan-Detroit
Options

To crinoline or not to crinoline....

I bought my dress from I Do Too Bridal and while I was there trying on dresses I tried them all on w/ the crinoline.  When it came time to buy my dress and the crinoline I decided that I hated the one they offered.  The area where the tool was attached to the skirt part picked my legs repeatedly and I knew it would drive me nuts in about 5 minutes.

So, when I went to Bella Alts to have my dress alts done, I asked her where I could get another crinoline (since I Do Too only carried the one brand).  And, Angela told me that I didn't even need the crinoline w/ my dress.  I heard the opposite from I Do Too, they said I needed a med/full crinoline or the dress wouldn't lay right. 

I trusted Angela's advice (she gets superb reviews here on TK), and turns out, my dress looks beautiful w/o the crinoline.

My TL;DR description brings me to:  ARE YOU WEARING CRINOLINE?  WHY OR WHY NOT?

Re: To crinoline or not to crinoline....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it bad that I have NO idea what crinoline is? I mean - I think it's like a toule slip - but I'm off to google it!

(so much stuff to KNOW as a bride - sheesh!)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A HA!!!

I'll probably use it.. but only because - right now - my dress is completely flat and I think I want to poof it out just a little.. but if you don't need it.. forget it! Sounds like something extar you'll have to pull up EVERY TIME you have to tinkle! Cry
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am NOT becasue it is sooooo irritating. If my dress needed it, I would. But I don't think I need it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not planning on it.  I've never tried on my dress with a crinoline, but it looks fine without one, so I'll probably just skip it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think I could have worn one with my dress - it was so form fitting until about my knees. If your dress looks fine without it, I would probably skip it. No need for added expenses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Of course I Do Too said you needed one- they mark them up to make a profit! If you think it looks fine without, don't do it!

I didn't do one- my dress already has some poofy stuff in it, anyway!

• Options
    trishalynne01trishalynne01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using one with my dress.  I know it would drive me nuts all night, plus I like the way it looked without one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using one because my dress doesn't nee done.  That being said, i wouldn't even wear one when I was still shopping for a dress because I found them kind of uncomfortable.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not wearing one! I was hot in my dress during alterations, imagine the extra warmth the crinny would give! I don't think I need one anyways... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore one and it didn't bother me. The crinny tulle was sandwiched in a cotton lining so I had no problem. It also depends on the dress. I had a Aline and it needed a Crinny but no all dresses do.
  • Options
    flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It completely depends on the shape of your dress. Ballgowns and A-lines are the only shapes that really ever accomodate one. Some dresses, mine included, have crinolines built into the dress. If yours doesn't, you could have one built into it and that way you can design it to your liking, comfort-wise and visually. Or you can search around for the perfect one off the rack or online...or you can not wear one. Do whatever looks right with the dress.
  • Options
    Lisa7310Lisa7310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never tried dresses on with one. I bought my dress from I Do Too also and I asked them when I purchased mine. She told me that it was really up to me if I wanted it. The dress didn't really need it, but she said some girls like it because it keeps the tulle inside the dress from going between your legs as much. I also went to Bella's for alterations and I brought a crinny to try on with it to see how it looked. I actually didn't like it at all. It made my dress more poofy than what I wanted. If you like the look of it without, I say forget it and save the extra $$.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore a crinny with my dress.  I originally wasn't going to...until I put one on at the alternations place.  It was a completely different look...and I LOVED IT.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards