Michigan-Detroit
Options

Lovett Hall Food Suggestions

Heeeeeeyyy! So I'm trying to figure out what food to sample at our tasting at Lovett Hall (The Henry Ford).  I need to pick 2 entrees and 4 hor d'oeuvres.  Can anyone offer suggestions of what to try and what to steer clear from? Thanks!

Happy Friday!!

Re: Lovett Hall Food Suggestions

• Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding in the museum last October- they use the same kitchen... you cant go wrong with any of the food.  It is all fantastic!

We ended up seving the steak/chicken combo plate- the steak was the best I had ever tasted before.  We also served crab cakes, mini chicken wellingtons, and these philo dough little guys filled with cheese.  I know this really doesnt help but honestly all the food is good.  We still get compliments on the food at our wedding a year later.

Also, we didnt meet our minimum so at the last minte we decided to give out the Hobo Bread as a favor and that was a HUGE hit.  The Faygo float station was also a big hit!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding in the museum in January!
    For our tasting we did Filet and Salmon (I'm a vegetarian, but mom & FI said both were delish)
    For apps we did the mini wheat pizzas - yummy, thai scallop spoons - sooo good, smoked salmon mousse - just ok, brie bundles - not my fave
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooo thanks for all the input! It's really helpful! 

Quick quesiton though: the bar package does go towards the food and beverage minimum, right? We came across some weird wording in our contract and haven't heard back from anyone yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I recently had my wedding at Lovett Hall on 10.2.  We had the steak/chicken combo - the steak is amazing!  Our apps were the crab cakes, antipasta skewers, and the peanut chilli beef wraps.  The crab cakes are sooo delicious so I would defniitely recommend trying them!

As for the $14k minimum, this does NOT include the bar pacakge.  I almost did not meet that food minimum closer to the wedding and my wedding coordinator (Donna) offered several other food options to meet that requirement.   However, we ended up having 185 guests so we were fine and met the requirement.   So it really just depends on what food options you select and how many guests you have on if you meet that requirement.

Hope this helps!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Lovett Hall 10/1/11 and because I just picked the venue last Wednesday and the planners haven't had time to go over package details with me I am a little confused about everything.  We are looking at 225-250 guests and we will definitely meet the 19,000 minimum.  I'm curious about the bar packages.  Do they include anything to drink in the dinning package?  Or is it 38 a person plus the 81.50.  I'm waiting to get my wedding package contract but my date is secured and because of the holiday it has taken a few extra days to get things going.  Can anyone tell me about their packages and suggest what I should definitely get and things that may not be necessary.  I am looking that the premium bar and the history making dinning package.  Also how do they price out nonalcoholic drinks, is anything included in the wedding package?
    Any suggestions for Lovett hall would be helpful.
    Thank you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I'm understanding your questions correctly, the bar packages have to be purchase in addition to the food.  So it'll be $38 for the bar plus the cost of your food for each person. For the non-alcoholic packages, I think those run about $18/person and includes pop and mixers.  As for the food packages, there are several that you'll get in your packet. Anything included in those packages is outlined on its respective page. We havne't had our tasting yet, but we're chosing from the Once-In-A-Lifetime menu, adding coney dogs, and chosing premium bar.

Hopefully that's helpful.  Things should be more clear when you get your contract and meun info.  Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.  The holiday has made things really difficult. I went to my tour Dec 27th, put my date on hold and have been waiting for the packet they said I would get in the mail.  So none of beverages are included.  Do you know what they base your deposit on then?  Kristina told me that they will base it on the minimum and then you customize after that, does that sound right?  My heart is at Lovett hall and that is where we are planning on having our wedding.  Do you know what others have experienced there? 

Thank you for helping me understand.  I'm anxious to speak with them tomorrow, and have been looking at all the packages getting more and more confused.
  • Options
    sasha213swsasha213sw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just put my deposit down for Lovett Hall this past Monday. We received a packet with pricing when we went on our tour so I'm not sure why they didn't give you one and are mailing it instead. Do you mean you are waiting on your estimate?

We are doing things a bit different, we decided to do a Friday wedding because the minimum was more in our pice range ($12,000) AND the package includes the bar, champagne toast, hors d'oeuvres and dinner. We are having 200 people and our deposit was 10% of the estimated cost. Christina has been great about emailing me back right away, so if you can't get a hold of her by phone I would suggest emailing her with any questions you may have about the packages. If I can help out any more, just let me know - I just did all this myself! :) My email is sasha213sw@yahoo.com. Good luck!!!
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the 19,000 minimum on food/drinks is before or after the service charges are applied? I'm hoping it's after! Thanks. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards