Michigan-Detroit
Options

8 hour Tealights

Anyone know where I can order tealights that burn 6-8 hours? I can find 5 hour tealights, but I would like to get longer burning candles. Easy answer would be to do votives, but after the candle is burned I would like to resell the votive holders. I know I could pull the wax out but I am going to do a faux mercury glass treatment on the inside so as soon as I try to pull the used wax out, it will pull the paint off.

Thanks girls!

Re: 8 hour Tealights

• Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my candles for candles for less online.  I got 10 hour votives.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about votives - you can check that place out or have you thought of using the flameless tea lights??
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just so you know, it really isn't that hard to get the wax out of the glass after you burn the candles. just run them under hot water for a minute, use a spoon, and pop, they're out :) clean them up with some glass cleaner and you're good to go.  i used to work at a candle shop.. it's what we did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can't find them, I'd just go for the 5 hour ones.  At that point in the evening, people won't really notice if candles are lit or not--they're likely up and about, not just sitting at their tables.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_8-hour-tealights?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:71a05a40-42b4-49fa-aded-0df73c2a4a53Post:c8e0e00d-55ce-4442-864e-2dc1cac8544a">Re: 8 hour Tealights</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you can't find them, I'd just go for the 5 hour ones.  At that point in the evening, people won't really notice if candles are lit or not--they're likely up and about, not just sitting at their tables.
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

This.  Plus I don't think tea lights are big enough to hold enough wax to burn that long.  They are smaller than votives so of course they are going to have less burn time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I figured they would have to be bigger in order to burn longer. I am going to spray paint the inside of the votive holder with mirror finish spray paint and flake some of it away so it looks like Mercury Glass.I'll try pulling the wax out and see how much paint it pulls off. Thank you!!

• Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soy wax tealights last 6-8 hrs. I found the best prices for them on etsy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got 7 hour soy tealights from
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought pre-filled tealights at hobby lobby and they say they burn for 8-10 hours, not sure how true that is. A package of 12 is $3.00.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards