August 2013 Weddings

Less than 2 years to go!

So last week was our 2 year to go point and it's like everything really set into Matt's mind. So now he's all into planning and going to tour venues and everything :) It's so sweet that he's getting involved!

I know a lot of you don't know where to start, and honestly I didn't either when we first got engaged (of course that was about 3 years out from the wedding date). But my biggest piece of planning advice is that being a summer bride, it's never never never too early to research venues. Theres so much to consider when looking and there's a lot to sort through. What's included in the cost? How much extra decor will I need? Does this fit the vibe I want my wedding to give off? What were they thinking when they used this carpet!? haha :)

From the information the venue gives you, it's easier to set a budget because you'll know what you still need. A lot of places include tables, chairs, linens, all that jazz. Some even through in lighting packages, set up and clean up, and a wedding planner.

It will also help you decide on numbers for a guest list. I know my invites list in about 200, but since we're not going to get married in our town, but instead an hour and a half away, we know a lot of people won't be able to attend.

I hope this insight helps yall find a starting place for planning instead of feeling like you're just jumping into open water :)

Re: Less than 2 years to go!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_less-2-years?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:7f5d5ea8-2a05-4865-973c-f7a52ae088f7Post:0e95529f-6b56-4516-ab94-1b37564b3695">Less than 2 years to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So last week was our 2 year to go point and it's like everything really set into Matt's mind. So now he's all into planning and going to tour venues and everything :) It's so sweet that he's getting involved! I know a lot of you don't know where to start, and honestly I didn't either when we first got engaged (of course that was about 3 years out from the wedding date). But my biggest piece of planning advice is that being a summer bride, it's never never never too early to research venues. Theres so much to consider when looking and there's a lot to sort through. What's included in the cost? How much extra decor will I need? Does this fit the vibe I want my wedding to give off? <strong>What were they thinking when they used this carpet!?</strong> haha :) From the information the venue gives you, it's easier to set a budget because you'll know what you still need. A lot of places include tables, chairs, linens, all that jazz. Some even through in lighting packages, set up and clean up, and a wedding planner. It will also help you decide on numbers for a guest list. I know my invites list in about 200, but since we're not going to get married in our town, but instead an hour and a half away, we know a lot of people won't be able to attend. I hope this insight helps yall find a starting place for planning instead of feeling like you're just jumping into open water :)
    Posted by xokristenelise[/QUOTE]

Oh my god! I SO know what you mean by what were they thinking when they used this carpet! There's a venue in my city that is our third choice - but the carpet is TERRIBLE! It's red with green triangles all over it. SOO bad. I just don't understand.. and they just renovated. Depressing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The carpet in the venue I chose Is a decent color but someone got drunk one too many times and spilled something all over it...my moms first question "Will you be shampooing the carpet anytime soon?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards