Michigan-Detroit
Options

TGIF

What is everyone up to this weekend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TGIF

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to finsh buring music and some of my BMs are coming over tomorrow night to help me make favors. Sunday I'll probably be helping FI nurse his hangover from his bacelor party!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Today: Work

Tonight: Start cleaning new apartment, pack, start moving

Saturday: Move

Sunday: Move/unpack, nephew's birthday party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: My son's 9th birthday! cake and ice cream after work

Tomorrow: real close friend getting married. Going to her wedding in the a.m. Can't wait!! Then paying off some vendors in the afternoon

Sunday: Taking the kids to Dave and Busters to celebrate my son's birthday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight DH and I are cleaning/organizing our storage unit so we can move some things from the house and make room for all of our wonderful wedding gifts. This will also help me find all the rest of the wedding stuff I bought but never used...look out 'for sale wednesday' next week!

Tomorrow taking my flower girls to see Disney Princesses on Ice (it was part of their gift for being in the wedding, they are so excited they've called me 3 times this week saying how they can't wait for Saturday!)

Sunday is apple orchard with a bunch of friends and kiddies

have a good weekend ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Driving down to South Bend to spend the weekend at Notre Dame and cheering for the WMU Broncos! =) I also finally get to ask my sister to be my maid of honor since she lives in Nebraska and this is the first time I've seen her since the engagement.

August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    MSUbride2011MSUbride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today: Work - let's hope it goes better than every other day!!

Tomorrow: Tailgating up at State for the game then to my parents house for my sisters birthday gathering

Sunday: Hopefully relaxing - and that's it! :-)

204 image Ready to party with us!
    84 image Will be Dancing the night away!
    20 image Won't be having any fun
    100 image Got Lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today:  Half of a day at work, unpacking from my trip home

Tomorrow:  Tailgate at State!

Sunday:  Relax and probabloy do some cleaning/laundry
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    Tonight: gym and grocery shopping (I am making an attempt to be a good wife and start planning meals in advance and shopping accordingly....this is my first attempt, wish me luck)

Tomorrow: gym, continue to unpack shower/wedding gifts, then dinner and movie w/DH

Sunday: gym, continue to unpack shower/wedding gifts....noticing a trend???
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:2f4c7dc1-ccc5-4259-8abc-8b61507909e1">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE] grocery shopping (I am making an attempt to be a good wife and start planning meals in advance and shopping accordingly....this is my first attempt, wish me luck)
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]

I do this every week, it seems to have cut done of the grocey bill and I eat healthier, so goodluck!

Tonight: FI friend fom OH is in town and wants to do dinner and a haunted house.
    Tomorrow:  Tailgating for UofM game and then the Big HOuse for the game.
    Sunday: Marriage class at church,  church, then go to FIL's to close down their pool.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:b4db1aeb-e9d2-4734-bbf5-204bb1b61b46">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : I do this every week, it seems to have cut done of the grocey bill and I eat healthier, so goodluck!
    Posted by MrsBarstool2011[/QUOTE]

Mine is an attempt to not have to resort to chicken, veggies, and rice/potatoes EVERY TIME I decide to cook a meal.

Also, I am learning to love my slow cooker during the week.  Andy gets home from work at 5pm and likes to eat right away.  I go to the gym after work and get home around 7:30 and eat then.  I have found a bunch of recipes that I can prepare in the morning and we can both enjoy a homecooked meal at our respective times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:004fad35-9eba-42f8-82d9-5fc534f8ea36">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Mine is an attempt to not have to resort to chicken, veggies, and rice/potatoes EVERY TIME I decide to cook a meal. Also, I am learning to love my slow cooker during the week.  Andy gets home from work at 5pm and likes to eat right away.  I go to the gym after work and get home around 7:30 and eat then.  I have found a bunch of recipes that I can prepare in the morning and we can both enjoy a homecooked meal at our respective times.

I love my corckpot!  All my recipes that I have been using I got from weightwatchers online, I believe you were doing ww before not sure you are any more or not, but me and FI have been pleasantly surprised by the recipes on there.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:e904bd7e-4384-4262-bbbf-fddaf443459e">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : I love my corckpot!  All my recipes that I have been using I got from weightwatchers online, I believe you were doing ww before not sure you are any more or not, but me and FI have been pleasantly surprised by the recipes on there.

I still do WW loosely....depending on how my weight goes.  But I don't pay to do it, so I don't think I can access their recipes.  But instead, I've been using Hungry Girl emails and cookbooks for recipe ideas.  Andy is still a big "meat & potatoes" kinda guy, so I try to find recipes that work for both of us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:47a1ef38-a286-4c04-b121-d4d3bffca243">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : I still do WW loosely....depending on how my weight goes.  But I don't pay to do it, so I don't think I can access their recipes.  But instead, I've been using Hungry Girl emails and cookbooks for recipe ideas.  Andy is still a big "meat & potatoes" kinda guy, so I try to find recipes that work for both of us.
    Hungry Girl has some good ones too.  I am a big meat and potato kinda girl, maybe thats why I joined ww's? Hmmm....  Anyways, Hungry girl had a crockpot pulled pork recipe that was really good.  She emailed it a few months back on an email called crocking in the USA or something.  Super easy and tasty
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: 2 job interviews (!), cake tasting, and dinner with a friend from out of town (crazy day)

Tomorrow: Tailgating and Michigan game

Sunday: who knows.  My FI and my sister are in town this weekend, so I'm sure it will be something good.  Maybe apple-picking?  Oh, and work.  Grad school never stops.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:5d57a68c-037b-406e-839a-bba26885e02e">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Hungry Girl has some good ones too.  I am a big meat and potato kinda girl, maybe thats why I joined ww's? Hmmm....  Anyways, Hungry girl had a crockpot pulled pork recipe that was really good.  She emailed it a few months back on an email called crocking in the USA or something.  Super easy and tasty

I am a big condiments kinda girl (ranch dressing, cheese, sour cream, etc.) which is why I had to join WW!!

I'll look for that recipe.  Last night, I grabbed the recipe for BBQ pulled chicken from her cookbook and I am attempting that for dinner tomorrow.  It's probably the same thing more or less.  But I have been going back through my HG emails for meal ideas...
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    Today: Work and cleaning up the apartment tonight.

Tomorow: More cleaning and possibly chopping my hair, not sure yet. I'm a little nervous to cut it. We're also going to dinner with friends and some haunted houses out in Ypsi.

Sunday: Baking a cake for my Mom's birthday on Monday, more cleaning and chores I'm sure.

TGIF ladies!
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonight: Sounders Game (soccer)

Tomorrow: Junior league hockey game. FI is a huge hockey fan but Seattle doesn't have an NHL team

Sunday: More than likely nothing.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also0 re: the crock pot, have either of you ever seen the blog:http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

There are lots of good recipes there. I use it all the time. I highly recommend the sweet potato chili.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: I'm developing a bit of a cold I think, so lounging around today to try and rest a bit and babysitting tonight.

Saturday: Going to my 10 year old brother's hockey game and 15 year old brother's football game with FI, then hopefully going shopping for a new laptop!  I've been dying without it.  Possibly going out to FI's parent's house too.

Sunday: Working on a midterm paper, maybe applying to a few places that I noticed are hiring.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:b87bcfd6-664f-403a-8bdc-6861ef7d0d61">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also0 re: the crock pot, have either of you ever seen the blog: <a href="http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/</a> There are lots of good recipes there. I use it all the time. I highly recommend the sweet potato chili.
    Posted by Kelki[/QUOTE]

Yes!!  I have also been digging through this website.  It's AMAZING.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tgif-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fafdafcd-8fa0-410b-aedc-adb71b6e5223Post:aabbff92-d02c-43bf-85aa-97b2068f8545">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today: I'm developing a bit of a cold I think, so lounging around today to try and rest a bit and babysitting tonight. Saturday: Going to my 10 year old brother's hockey game and 15 year old brother's football game with FI, then hopefully going shopping for a new laptop!  I've been dying without it.  Possibly going out to FI's parent's house too. Sunday: Working on a midterm paper, maybe applying to a few places that I noticed are hiring.
    Posted by sammichele[/QUOTE]

I was wondering where you were, you haven't been on all week.  Feel better
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: Some christmas shopping for my boys. Buying the rest of my supplies needed to make invites. Buying the rest of my supplies for my favors as well. And then ordering Save The Dates.

Sat.: Sweetest Day so me and FI are going on a date!!!!!! (NO KIDS NIGHT) Much Needed!!!! LOL

Sunday: Grocery shop as always on Sunday. Making my rough draft invite! :) Movie night with the boys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker OurPlanningBio image 140 Made The Cut!
    image 104 Are Ready To Party! image 6 Are Missing Out! image 30 Can't Find The Mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today: Finish up with my customer by 2pm, catch a flight out of Indy at 5:30pm, land in Lansing at 8:50pm and then spend a little time with my guy (Mike).

Saturday:  Early morning run, dress shopping with my mom, dinner/drinks/football with Mike.

Sunday: Early morning run, laundry, packing, I'll watch some of the Lions game, and then be to the airport by 4pm to catch a flight to Spokane, WA for another week of work on the road.
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI's dad is in town this weekend so a lot of what we do will be dictated by that....

Saturday: Running and hav ean appointment with a guy to give us an estimate on a fence at our new house at noon.

Sunday: probably relaxing

• Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    Cleaning , laundry and some projects around the house.  Nothing WR this weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards