Michigan-Detroit
Options

MMPP

What is everyone up to this week?  Anything in particular you have to get done?

Re: MMPP

• Options
    Big list..we've been slacking

-need to decide on HM
    -block off more  rooms at the hotel
    -start figuring out the ceremony
    -figure out GM tuxes
    -call on all the dresses for status update (including mine)
    -figure out my hair/accessories

Bahh I know there's more.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Oh Heavens! There is so much to do...

WR:
    *Final Meeting with the Photog. 
    *Create Seating Chart
    *Finish some decor details
    *Send final payments
    *Send out rehearsal dinner invites

NWR:
    *Finish up the touch-up painting in the house. 
    *Schedule furniture delivery
    *Paint Bathrooms and Install Lighting

GAHHHH. I should probably add remember to breathe. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Working on the guest list some more and trying to weed out the people we don't truly need at the wedding. He seems to want to invite absolutely everyone even if he hasn't spoken to them in 15 years. Gah. Driving me crazy.

This weekend is the first time my entire bridal party will be together and they are *hopefully* going to agree on dresses. After their appointment, I have one set up for Dior to try on my dress and I'm going to put in my order. I've known it's "the one" but I wanted to wait until my best friend and my grandma could see it. 

Oh! and NWR: we are starting renovations at our house this week. Can't wait to repaint a few rooms and pick out carpet for the upstairs! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On Wednesday night I am planning on finalizing my invites and starting to print them.

I also need to go to Great lakes Crossing with fi to return a sweater I bought him from Banana Republic for Christmas. Well we are there I wanted to look at the BCBG Outlet for a dress for the shower. Also go to Polo so Fi can get some honeymoon clothes/Vegas clothes. (We are both going to Vegas in April on separate weekends for bachelor parties)

I need to finish getting the address together for the shower. I had them all already from the std's so I printing the labels out for my mom.

I'm sure there's more I just can't think of it right now. :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Cake tasting on Thursday! Otherwise:
    - figure out hair comb and jewelry (currently taking volunteers for someone to do this for me, I'm SO not good at accessorizing)
    - begin work on wedding-day paper items (programs, menu card, etc.)
    - look into a limo & shuttle for the wedding
    - move my make-up trial to a different day.

I think it's cute how I write all this stuff down, and then will likely proceed with doing nothing with any of it :-)
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    NWR: hopefully going to the credit union next weekend to get preapproved for a mortgage.  We were supposed to go last weekend but someone forgot some important papers so we couldn't go. 

WR: continue working on invites.
  • Options
    I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of time catching up on everything the Detroit Knotties have been up to!  I've been incredibly sick for over a month now, and now that I'm back on my feet and have convinced all my professors not to flunk me, I'm trying to catch up on everything else in my life that I've been neglecting.  <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-131?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fd7b0ea2-dda6-4dda-b970-5f4d1e1e5aa9Post:c43ad296-fe7f-466a-8637-0e7f4a0f1dc1">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]NWR: hopefully going to the credit union next weekend to get preapproved for a mortgage.  We were supposed to go last weekend <strong>but someone forgot some important papers so we couldn't go.</strong>  WR: continue working on invites.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

Was this your fiance perhaps?

Dh and I (meaning I) have to finish painting his office.  I painted most of it yesterday but we still need to do the chair rail.  His family is coming down next week for his birthday and he wants it to be finished so they can see it.  I love painting but man am I sore today.

I'm also excited because my good friend is coming into town and I get to see her on Saturday :)
  • Options
    -Invite design
    -Finish card box (just have to add a ribbon and maybe a fabric flower and then make it say "cards)
    -Confirm hotel block at the Westin (finally convinced FI that the Westin is WORTH it)
    -Make bus/shuttle reservations after hotel is confirmed
    -Try to harass FI into actually calling the places we want to get food from (we'll see how this goes)

any spare time I have will go towards making paper flowers, but that's not a necessity yet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-131?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fd7b0ea2-dda6-4dda-b970-5f4d1e1e5aa9Post:cab05b96-97af-4d80-a4e0-f099dc3dab7a">Re: MMPP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MMPP : Was this your fiance perhaps? Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Yep, all him.  Before we left I asked him if he had everything and he said he did.  We were driving and just about there and then he remembered he forgot his W2 to show is income and he couldn't remember how much he made off the top of his head. 

Good luck painting.
  • Options
    I am going dress shopping for the first time on Sunday. I am more nervous than excited. I just hope that I find something that will look good on me! The only other WR thing I would like to take care of is decide which package we want from our photog. FI's response to anything WR I ask him is "I don't care" or "I don't know" and it is driving me nuts!
  • Options
    I don't have very much to do this week. I am excited about this weekend though because I have an appointment with my florist and I may be going dress shopping. I wasn't really planning on going dress shopping yet but everyone I will want to take with me is going to be in town this weekend so we decided to go and just try different styles on to see what I might like best!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    WR- Full day....Marriage Retreat. I'm sure my mind will be running with all kinds of stuff i need to do for the wedding, and contacting florists for appointments :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards