New York-Hudson Valley

New York Country Club in New Hempstead, NY

Hi, I have been searching for reception venues for a while now and finally found a place that I think I really like. I am planning a tasting for this weekend and will probably sign a contract the same day, but before I do I wanted to do some research and see how good NYCC really is. I could only find unsatisfied golfing members of NYCC and no reviews of NYCC as a wedding spot. Has anyone had their wedding there or gone to one? I appreciate any feedback. Thank you, Ela

Re: New York Country Club in New Hempstead, NY

• bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there!  The food was great and the outdoor patio was amazing.  Someone at my table was vegetarian and they prepared a dish - the girl loved it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that sounds great. Thank you so much! Ela
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there on August 21st and haven't posted reviews yet. In short, the owners are wonderful, the place is beautiful and all the guests had a great time. BUT, behind the scenes, the banquet manager screwed up big time. I don't know if you're dealing with the same person, but as soon as DH and I got back from the honeymoon , we met with the owners regarding our issues and they refunded us about 5% of the wedding immediately. We told them, we weren't looking for money, we just didn't want another couple to have to go through the ordeal he put us through. I don't want to bad mouth "the place" because all of our guests said it was a great wedding. Everyone on staff was excellent ,EXCEPT for the banquet manager. You can e-mail me at julietscrib@yahoo.com
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are interested in having our wedding at the NYCC, and was wondering if you had selected to have your wedding there as well.  Any of your feedback on the NYCC would be greatly helpful. 

All the best,

Jon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards