New York-Hudson Valley

Shuttle from Hotel to Venue

This is the one wedding detail that's really just driving me crazy! Does anyone know of an affordable bus company that can take my guests from the Crowne Plaza in White Plains to the Greentree Country Club in New Rochelle (and back)? It seems like buses are well over $1,000. that's a lot of $$!! i've been able to find school buses for cheaper but FI doesn't want people on dirt school buses with their dress clothes. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Shuttle from Hotel to Venue

• My wedding is at Greentree and my guests are staying at Crowne Plaza too.  We're going w/ the school bus for the reasons you mentioned.   Just so you know, I've been a guest at a wedding with a school bus transportation in the past.  They clean them up and give you a new one after hours.  We're using First Student.  The cost is $500 for a ride there and back.  Honestly, I feel like I should have just handed out $20 bills and had taxis lined up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• I used NJ Bus & Limo out of Fairfield, NJ. I got ready in Orange County, got married in Rockland County and had my reception in Bergen County! They went all over the place for me and were wonderful! They literally have everysize car or bus you need, they are super clean and their cars are beautiful! I would try to call them. They werent badly priced and I got a SUV limo to fit 16 people and a car for my Dad and I. My husband also used their buses for several bachelor parties! They were really great!

• I was at a wedding at the crowne plaza of white plains last year and the hotel had shuttles to and from the hotel and venue. The couple that got married said that it was at no extra cost. You should speak with your sales rep at the hotel and ask about it. Maybe they changed policy, but the shuttles were the reason my friends booked a group rate at the CPW instead of the Ritz Carlton.
  • Also the wedding was at a place in the Bronx, which is further away from WP, than New Rochelle is.
  • I know that crowne plaza has a shuttle service. My family used it when they had a gathering and it shuttled them anywhere they needed to go at no extra cost. However, I think there is a small radius that they travel to.
  • I literally just booked a room block at the Crowne Plaza (we did it yesterday).  They told us they do not have their own shuttle service to / from our venue.  They do run shuttles to the airport and train station, though.  They said we should contact another shuttle company and gave us a number to call.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards